Starting a safari camp in Tanzania

Hi All,

I am really interested in starting up a safari camp in Tanzania.  I know that the TIC and a TALA license are the two main things I should be looking into, but does anyone have any advice on how to go about this??? And how realistic is starting up the company within 10 months?? 

If any one has any good contacts that can give some good advice on starting up a small business I would really appreciate it.  I am looking at basing myself out of Iringa??

Any thoughts, ideas, or contacts would be most appreciated!

Many thanks

hello TZexpat!
how are you? I hope everything is okey, I have some good friends of mine who are experienced in the tourism industry herein Arusha. These may give you a realistic image on starting a tourist company within 10 months.
I have several business ideas that I need a to begin mainly on  agribusiness and the transportation industry, I think we need to talk further.
ID [email protected],
all the best!

Hello TZexpat,

I am an Expat that came to TZ working with a large tour operator based in Arusha.  I opened and managed camps with them in Serengeti and Masai Mara.  So if you need some experience or maybe a partner let me know as I am working on a few ventures of my own these days.

As to if you can get a company started in 10 months, the most honest answer is yes, but it might end up costing more than if you are able to let things happen pole pole.

Good luck and let me know if I can be of service.

Did you ever start your business ?

If you want to start a safari company I think the Northern circuit would be the best, as the tourists' attractions are more popular compared to those in the South.

Cheers!

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,
The basic regulations are set by the Ministry for Natural Resources and Tourism.
Go to their webpage at: http://www.mnrt.go.tz/
Best wishes