Electronic appliances

Hello again,

I just posted a topic about bringing my pet dog, and wanted to post a separate topic for my next question.

I believe Saudi works on 220 V.  I have a few electronic appliances accumulated over the years in the US, that I would hate to lose if I move to Saudi.  Does anyone know how this could be worked, say for something like a Plasma TV (high Amps - worried to use just a plugin adapter for conversion).

Thanks again :)

:) 2 voltages available in KSA; 110 & 220 volts. Let a technician sort out & mark plugs for you.

Thank you, LegendLeads.  I sure hope I can bring my TV and other appliances with me.  At least, I'll have some kinda entertainment for social gatherings :)

@Hashashyin: let go of any appliabce you have from the US. TV is VERY cheap in KSA. Everything is going on sale, esp this ramadan - LED tv nowadays cost you nothing compared to prices from last year. 2 voltages applicable if you still insist... Check out extra stores online you will be amazed at the prices ... Cheers!

tvs are NOT cheaper than the US

compared to your country maybe, but not the USA. 
computers are more expensive, and so are projectors and any apple product.

that being said. sell your US belongings, or store at a friends house.  if you live in a compound, you may have a tv included (i have a 32"lcd in mine)
if you want to bring something, spend the 400-500 on a good projector. best investment i make when i come to saudi. also a computer to run it

Will i need a adaptor for three pin plug attached to appliances in Britain

RehabDoctor wrote:

Will i need a adaptor for three pin plug attached to appliances in Britain

Yes, you do. But easily available here.

Thanks @TLL,
always helpful

@FreshLikeSushi: I would've done the same...get a projector and hook it up to a computer.  But fort/unfortunately my TV is almost brand new, and it is a 59" 3D...not quite the 32" they'd provide.  That being said, if my company has a limit on what I could take with me, I might be forced to do what you suggested.

So, I'm guessing I'll bring everything with me (again, if my company permits), and get a bunch of adapters for pin conversion.  Hopefully, it'll work :)