Expat blog gatherings in Salvador da Bahia

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Salvador da Bahia Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Salvador da Bahia: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Salvador da Bahia. ;)

Best,

Julien

I like the idea of gatherings! But I'm not there yet! Am traveling there in Nov. in search of my new home and hoping to meet others for info and good times.Jordana

I'm IN!! :)

Hello. :)

Do not hesitate to propose a date, an hour and a place. I am sure other members might be interested.

PS: The date should be given 2 or 3 weeks in advance so as to have a maximum of participants. ;)

------------------------------------

@ixke - In english please on this Anglophone forum! :D

Thank you,
Aurélie

I will be back in Bahia from October 14th!

See you soon!

Josep

Hello ixke,

Julien does not live in Brazil, he is in Mauritius.

Also, would you please use English in this forum. If you wish the French language Brazil forum please follow the link below.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4152

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Please let me know if and when this gathering happens - will be there by mid-Nov. Thanks! Jordana

Hello, I am in if there is a date and a place!

@Natashaeco, you may perhaps give us a little intro too.;)

Harmonie.

Hello, lets organize a happy hour 24th of November.. it is Saturday.. we can meet in some places like Bahia Marina or somewhere else.. I am working in Salvador almost 1 year.. and will continue more 3-4 years here..

Hi bordo,

Welcome to Expat-blog and to Brazil. Hope you really are enjoying both.

If you would like to organize an Expat Meet-up (Happy Hour) the best way to go about it is decide for yourself where you want to hold it (I'd suggest a place where you don't need to make reservations, just in case you don't get a lot of responses from members in Salvador), pick a time and then post a new topic "Salvador Happy Hour" or something like that to announce the plan. If you want you can also check through the member network to see just who's in Salvador, note down their login names, then send a copy of the announcement along with a list of the members you'd like them to inform about the event also the text should inform members to RSVP to you. The TEAM will send out a bulk  mailing to just those members for you.

November 24 is cutting it a bit close, for it to stand a better chance of being a success you might want to consider a Saturday in the first two weeks of December. Just a thought.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team