Expat blog gatherings in Shanghai

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Shanghai Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Shanghai: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Shanghai. ;)

Best,

Julien

Hey Julien,

Seems like a nice idea to meet over some activity. I'm relatively new to the city but would be keen to participate in any initiative to make this happen.

Cheers,
Ashish

yess!  i agree(=

hi,

actually some of us have been organizing expatblog get-togethers and it has tunred out a great way to get to know new and more experienced expats in Shanghai. Around 20-25 people showing up at these events. These get-togethers were announced at https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=134555

The latest one was beginning of June, would be great if a next one is organized soon. I'll be abroad for the coming 7 weeks, so I won't be around but would be great if someone could set smt up. And it's actually very easy: all you need to do is post time and venue.:)

new guy in town here, would love to join in the fun.

Would be happy to join as well. :)

seems many people are keen to join...who will take the initiative to set something up?

I would do so myself if i wouldn't be abroad for the next weeks.

Any suggestions on possible dates, venue and themes?

Sounds good,

Kirsty

what about we all meet next weekend?  Friday the 29th (=

Great, we have a proposal on the date! Any ideas on the venue and activity?

I just found out here today. Am i allowed to join  :P

Sure Haosen, it seems that we haven't confirmed an event yet but, do you have any suggestions on venue and activity?

Well i dont really know all the good places in shanghai nowadays since i was in LA for about 7 yrs, I'm down for anything though

Wondering are we still going ahead with the gathering session this coming Friday? :)

Any one has any suggestions?

I hope we can make it happen. Should we plan an activity or theme for the meeting OR just meet up over drinks and dinner? Suggestions for venues would depend on that. We could also meet up in one of the following areas: South Shaanxi Road, Huaihai Road, Henghsan Road or Nanjing Road and walk around scouting for interesting options. However, finding seats in a cafe or restaurant may be a challenge since its a weekend.

Good idea.I'll join

what about pool party ,it is over 100 F outside

Hi guys, I just returned from annual leave.

So did anything happen in the end? Did you guys gather?

Interested to know :)

shall we have 1 say next Friday(3-Aug) evening or Saturday(4-Aug)?

Yes, let's have one.

Great! I am up for the 4th. Will return to SH then. Let me where and what time..

Cheers!

4th is perfect for me as well. Would be great to have some location and activity recommendations.

Ok, 4th-Aug, 4pm at Kai Bar located near to Tianzhifang.
Here is the link of the venue: http://www.kaiba-beerbar.com/en/location_3.aspx
Let me know if this works for u.
Cheers

I am afraid that timing won't work for me. Will only arrive in the afternoon. Please go ahead..  Will join the next time.

Cheers!

Hi everyone I am also keen on meeting new people here in shanghai. I suggest let's meet up on 3rd aug which is Friday at 8pm for dinner at Briccocafe (Chengdu Lu) it's an Italian place. Good food and they have big table where we call can sit together.
After that we can go for drinks to some other place.

Cheers

Hi guys,
I think I will fix the date to be 4-Aug,at Kai Bar but thinking that 8pm might be a much better time as we could go for dinner+drink, and probably chill out in a pub afterwards.
So here is the details:

Date: 4-Aug-2012
Time: 8pm - ?? (up yours)
Venue: Kaiba Tap House
Adress: : Taikang Terrace, 2/F, 169 Jianguo Zhong Lu, near Ruijin Er Lu. 建国中路169弄202号, 近瑞金二路

Please let me know if you would like to join.

Hello all,
I was just about to organize a Dino Beach Park Event for coming Saturday. What about we move the Kaiba to Sunday and use the Saturday for the beach?

Just my suggestion as I posted it on an other local website:

Date: 4th August - If the weather is good!!!
Meeting Time: 3:30pm at KFC at Xinzhuang Metro Station Line 1, Exit north #1, KFC is outside of the sation across the street.
We will be there until we want to go back home. The park is open until 12pm midnight ;-)

Entrance fee: 200 RMB

Comments please :-)

Saturday night will be good for me. Let me know if it's confirmed. :)

Cheers!

@Vincent_t: hope it is ok for you if we change the Keiba day. What do you think? The owner of SHStuff just sended an invitation to the whole community for Dino Beach. Could be a great water party :-)

Hi everyone,
we have clash of 2 events, so the get-together is postpone, date and venue are not confirmed yet but opened for suggestion.

Hi Kluffy, sorry for this.

Dear Sareen,

How are you?

This is.Amit, I am Indian. I am also in China.

I am very friendly openminded, honest, down to earth, like to meet new good people from all over the world, like to make good friendship and know more about different culture to enjoy the life.

My E-mail :  amitroxton[at]gmail.com

If you need any kind of help from my side please feel free to contact with me by E-mail. I am here from last 5 Year so I can speak chinese as much need.

Thanks
Amit
+86 15068999976

Sareen Gosal wrote:

Hey am new to Shanghai was wondering if theres any nore upcoming events as would love to meet new people in this HUGE city

count me in! just for weekend hang-out though :(

so guys.. what are you up to??

count me too

Is there something getting together in the next 2 weeks ? :)
Just arrived in Shanghai and would love to meet some people !

Hello all.

A member is organizing a get together on Oct 20. For more details, follow the discussion: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 680#907464;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

great idea julien! I would be up for that. Count me in!

Thanks

nuala

Hey guys! Any ideas for some new year meet ups? Lets Share possibilities here!

Cheers!

Nuala

Hi everyone! New year meet up sounds like a great idea. Lunch or dinner/drinks, perhaps? Somewhere where people could get to talk to each other and chill. :)