Looking for friends in Shanghai

Hello everyone,

I just arived in Shanghai yesterday and I will be working here as an English teacher for atleast a year.
It's my day off and it's such a beautifull day and I am stuck in my room because I don't know where to go, how to get there or how to get back to my appartment and I have no friends to enjoy my time with.
I would like to meet English speakers, and If you also speak Chinese that's great, I could definitely do with some help!
Would be nice to meet someone close to my age, I'm 23.

Like to go sightseeing, go for drinks, shop.. anything really =D

** I live near Tangzhen station, line 2 **

Hi Faylee,
Welcome to Shanghai  :)  You have not mentioned particular area of your appartment , could you please send me message so I can tell you the places to go and how to go there and come back .
Happy weekend dear !
Anita S

Hi Anita!

I just updated my post to include the area I live in.. Shanghai is such a huge city! I live near Tangzhen station its on the line 2.

Thanks allot and enjoy your weekend!

Hi faylee ,

Myself sameer , I am living shanghai ,puxi ,caoyang road  ,I can speak English , intermediate level mandarin . please ping me on
We chat +8618369571615
Regards
Sameer

Hi faylee ,

Line 2 is connected to main attractions of Shanghai .
You can travel by line 2 and go to nearest park  , just 5 atation away from Tangzhen station .
The next one is Shanghai Science and technology museum .
Lu Jia Zui is also 9 station away from Tang Zhen station.and you can see many attractions like Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Jinmao Tower, BOC Building, Custom Building, Ocean Aquarium here.
You can go to The Bund great place to visit on you can see Group of sculptures: Light of Huangpu River, Sail, and Wind there.
Tomorrow is Dragon Boat festival , you can go to Yu Yuan Garden and enjoy the festival in this place .
You can take metro line 10 at Nan jing east road and go to yu yuan garden .
Go ahead and enjoy beautiful places .
Best of luck !
Anita

Hi Faylee (and Everyone!)

I just arrived too! So if you fancy exploring with a fellow stranger, let me know :)

I live by Dong'an Rd ... my we chat number is 1522 105 9017

Hopefully talk to you soon..

Adding you now  :D

Hi Faylee

Welcome to Shanghai and wish you can have a wonderful time here !

Glad to make friends with you :)

My wechat :jessieqin93

JESSIE

Hi Faylee and everyone!

I just arrived in Shanghai on Saturday and will be interning here for 2 months.  I feel the exact same as you Faylee in your post!! I've already managed to get lost in the my first two days  :(  and would love to meet up with some English speaking people or if you can speak both, even better!  I'm orginally Chinese but I was born and raised in the UK, so my Mandarin speaking skills are very poor!  I'm 21 and would love to meet up to do some sightseeing or something!

Hi,

Welcome to Shanghai , I had been living in china more than 2 years .I can speak English ,Daily living needed I can manage with my Chinese language(Intermediate Level) .
I am very funny ,make new friends , site seeing ,outing eating etc.If you wanna make friend with me for visiting site seeing , eating outing etc without hesitate please ping me .

Thanks
sameer(23 years old)

I try reput here the follow message as I just reply to another same topic, keep me in touch as you want to meet our circle friends, I been in shanghai few years:

My circle friends are all from different nations . And we also have a lots meet- up events, baordgames, picnic, dinner, night out, biking .... full of enjoy and fun. also you can add my (wechat: wxid_tomono) if you have tho.

Cheers,

my email: [email protected]

Hello I am navindra from Sri Lanka. I am a tourist guide so these days I am learning the Chinese language. Can you help me to improve my language skills. you can write to my mail. [email protected]
See you.

hi faylee,

Greetings from Nantong, Jiangsu. I moved here just last Thursday and like you know nobody. So know exactly how you feel. Good news though, i used to life in Shanghai (briefly). get yourself over to this site.

smartshanghai.com

There you will find all need to survive in Shanghai. it even has lists of events, bars and restaurants there, and the best thing is you can request the site to send you a text message to yor phone with the Chinese addresses so you can show a taxi driver.

Cathal

hi,

Happy to meet you.
I want to be your friend, pls feel free to contact with me.
I can be free for your shanghai guide since i am chinese.

Best Regards,
Andy

Hi

This is Bharath from India. Im in Shanghai from 1 week. and Also looking to meet/ make friends who can speak english and need to some company to go out.
I will be here for 3 months and want to have some good time.
Would like to be friend. My contact number 18565197117. just ping me if you are also looking for some friend.

Bharath

Hi guys, im also new in Shanghai; i would love to meet new friends to hang out. You can add me on we chat 'marieldg91'.

Hi all,

I'm gonna move to shanghai early next month. Hope to make some new friends.

I'm Ruby, 30 year old.

My wechat: rubby84

Have a nice weekend to u guys:)

Hiya I'm new to Shanghai too and I'm looking forward to meet new friends!
Feel free to contact me! wechat: jonathanto_123

Hi !

I've just arrived in Shanghai and I feel lost too. I am 21 and if you want we can hang out: sightseeing, having a drink, go to a party...

Is it possible to share accomodation in Shanghai

Can someone send me schools where l can learn mandarin in Shanghai

Marieldg wrote:

Hi guys, im also new in Shanghai; i would love to meet new friends to hang out. You can add me on we chat 'marieldg91'.

Hi Mariel! do you have skype?

Hey Franzie, from what Ive heard, Miracle Mandarin is pretty decent.

Hi I´m Rogelio i´m Mexican but right now i´m studying in Madrid, on Friday i arrive to Shanghai to live 5 months and i want to know someone, and also i have a lot of doubts that someone can help me.

Thanks

(Moderated)

I am from india now in shanghai, please free to contact me, i am looking for new frnds in Shanghai.

my email ID [email protected]

Regards,

Rizwan

Hey been in shanghai for about a week and would like to meet some new people, add me on wechat id is SiobhanRehman (creative huh :p)

I am a Shanghai indigenous, then I'm willing to chat, ha ha ha, wish to send mail to me

Hi,

I am from India, now in shangahi, i am looking English speaking Frnds.

Rizwan

Hi, I am a native living in Shanghai. If some expats would like some help, feel free to tell me.

I wish to make more friends like you.

Roger...there are lots and lots of Paisanos en Shanghai, lo unico que tienes que hacer es darte una vuelta por las malls y lugares turisticos, siempre encontraras un paisano perdido por China. Yo soy de Veracruz vivo en Baoding, en ocasiones visitamos Shanghai, la ultima vez conoci una pareja de maestros en un restaurante, la pasamos bien, no tendras problema alguno en hacer amistades, ademas si hablas ingles, tienes toda una muchedumbre por conocer, extranjeros y chinos por igual.

Un saludo.

Hi X-Trekker,

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English only?

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

Sorry buddy, I thought it was going to deviate into a private conversation, but I guess it did not...well you can delete it if necessary since the editing period is already expired... I am not trying to troll this site.

Hello! I am a 23 years old italian girl, I arrived in SH last month, and I am really enjoying the city life. Since I am attending a university course here, I feel like I have little time to go out to party or sightseeing during the week, and I really would love to meet new people to hang out with in order to make this experience even more beautiful. If you are up for partying together, meet up for a beer or sightseeing, let me know, this is my wechat: Ire_Ne91 :)

Hii Guys,
I'm also pretty new! Arrived in the begin of this month. i'm staying for 6 months. so maybe we could do something nice together!
I'm from holland.
My we chatt is Loraiin_
Hope to speak to you soon!
Besttt

Hey guys!

I'm going to move to Shanghai in the end of January, so I would like to get new friends before, and also good tips on what areas in Shanghai that is pleasant?  and I would love to have different tips on restaurants, bars, nightclubs, and good shopping. :) feel free to contact me!

Hi I'm Marta originally Italian but I was raised in the US so I can speak Italian and English! I'd love to make new friends and if it's possibile learn some Chinese! Contact me!

Ciao

Marta

hi  iam marco  i would love to be in china and get job and friends there can you help ?

Hey people,

I am Samantha Sim, a newbies Malaysian that is currently living in Shanghai, hongkou area. just reached like 2 days ago.So, trying to make new friends in Shanghai as well!  I have been living in United Kingdom for the past five years, and I am a recent graduates, having internship here now! I will like to engage myself with some sports/outdoor activities/after work activities!

Drop me a msg +8613122452669, add me on wechatID - PeiHwa_33,Feel free to drop me a msg if anyone is interested in going out for any outdoor activities/after work activities yeah!

I wanna make friends~~~~

Cheers