Lookin for new friends :)

Hey guys,

I have been in Dubai for about 2 years now. Yeah, long enough for me find friends but it's sad because with the recent market crunch, a lot of my friends went back home in the Philippines or moved some place else.

I decided to be brave and have been living alone in Dubai Marina since July. Living alone is kinda okay but things can get a lot boring. I work with only 5 people in the office and everyone seems to have a wife or a husband or a partner to do things with. I've only been out a couple of times since my friends left in July.

So there's my story. I'm not lookin for anyone special. I just wanna meet some new friends to drink coffee with or have dinner with. If there's anyone who's going thru the same situation, I'd be glad to hear it.

Hello November. Welcome !
Have you tried the expat network in Dubai ?

Hi, i just qrrived 1 month ago and loooking for friends too! just PM me if you wanna take a drink .
John

Hi..,

Are you Filipino?...

I will invite you to join me here in DUBAI,Filipino company..
My doctor from CEBU city from philippiens.And help us to bring our organization  to world class..

send me a message thru [email protected]

have an outstanding day to your life...

EDMARKER.COM

Have a decafained coffee with us always...

/muhandi,
sharjah.

Hi...

You are tue, people are like petals of a flower and they go faster than we expect...I am an indian guy working in dubai, living in karama...I live alone here in a single studi flat and the walls of my room smile at me asking me why are you alone....

I dont like to be alone and so we can be a perfect company....weenends are boring for me sitting back at room watching tv else going out alone, at times have my friends to accompany...but....gals and guys differ so thts also import.

let me know wht you think on this....you can send email to [email protected]

cheers

richu

November wrote:

Hey guys,

I have been in Dubai for about 2 years now. Yeah, long enough for me find friends but it's sad because with the recent market crunch, a lot of my friends went back home in the Philippines or moved some place else.

I decided to be brave and have been living alone in Dubai Marina since July. Living alone is kinda okay but things can get a lot boring. I work with only 5 people in the office and everyone seems to have a wife or a husband or a partner to do things with. I've only been out a couple of times since my friends left in July.

So there's my story. I'm not lookin for anyone special. I just wanna meet some new friends to drink coffee with or have dinner with. If there's anyone who's going thru the same situation, I'd be glad to hear it.

Hey There,

Sounds like I am not alone in DXb who nis without friends... Let me come back from Hong kong on 5th Nov.. We can see each other in Duai Marina itself.. Cheers.

@november .. well we both have a very similar story ! i ve been here for 2 years . new to this forum though .. working a company of only 5 ppl. i had some friends who started leaving this june . last weekend my last good friend left . kinda putting nail on the coffin !
even m looking for friends who i can go out for a movie or some drinks with !
lemme know if we can plan smthing out ;)

Good luck and be careful!  I have been living in Jumierah beach area for last year.  Marina area is very nice, and will be amazing once construction is finished.  take care & good luck !

i've been here for 7 years... a lot of my friends left the country... and i lost my job last month! understand what you are going through.. the sad part is 7 years is long enough to call a place your home but it really isn't.. nor does it provide the stability or security (in terms of work) to say it is actually home.. which makes me wonder if it were good experience or a waste! I am still looking for a job so let's see what happens..

If I stay here I was thinking I should create a book club... that should be fun! so will keep you posted... do you read?

Good Luck!

yes why not

moustique wrote:

i've been here for 7 years... a lot of my friends left the country... and i lost my job last month! understand what you are going through.. the sad part is 7 years is long enough to call a place your home but it really isn't.. nor does it provide the stability or security (in terms of work) to say it is actually home.. which makes me wonder if it were good experience or a waste! I am still looking for a job so let's see what happens..

If I stay here I was thinking I should create a book club... that should be fun! so will keep you posted... do you read?

Good Luck!

Yeah, I read. A lot. Who's your favorite writer?

hi  dear,  am  haveing the  same problem  like ,,but am  new here in uae< 8 month> & new  to  this  site...   the  only friends i have  is  my  working  staff ,,,, my name  is  jose  from spain,really it  will  be  a  pleasure  to hear from  you soon ,,,,,,

thx

Hi,
I am also looking for friend,if u wanna meet me send your contacts to [email protected] will call u