Must bring to paradise

Dear Ladies and Gentleman and boys and girls,
myself and my wife moving to Maledives soon. Now the question is what is a must bring to Maledives as we will work for a top luxury resort far away from Male itself. Movies, books or what ever we are happy for every single suggestion.

Thanks a lot and happy writing...:-)

Regards from Bahrain

hi Dave & Julia,

its would be great to bring a few books, if you guys love reading, after a few months you will be able to collect more than enough to read from the guests as they leave a lot of books when they leave,

movies not necessarily as you will be able to download them off the net,

if yo umust, and if you have cosmetic brand that you really love, i guess this cud be the only thing that it might be hard to get from the island,

hope this helps

mooch

Hi "mooch",
thanks a lot. Yes sure it helps....on that we wasn't thinking at all.

Anything really anything else what comes in your mind...?

Clothes, shoes,umbrella(for the raining seassons) any of those things/items  to get difficult on the ireland..???

What about medicals in General...good to bring..?

And sorry for the may stupid question what about dangerous animals....
like spider or snakes sharks..?? Ant information in general..??

I know it sounds may werd to you all but we would like to be good prepared..:-)

Thanks a lot and sunny regards from very hot Bahrain..!
Dave & Julia

hi,

cloths - as you now maldives is a tropical country and its sunny/hot thru out the year, i suggest you bring a couple of beach wears, and casual cloths, flip flops, couple of casual shoes.

you can easily get most of the medicines you wud need, unless you are on a specific medication. otherwise you dont have to worry...

nope, no snakes, spiders yes but friendly.. no animals atall, just a few breeds of cats...

no worries, if you any more questions feel free.. will keep posting....

thanks
mooch

Hi Dave and Julia
I work in a top high profile resort in the Maldives. My advice wld be if you have any special medicines that you prefer or need then bring them. Julia, bring as many clothes as you can as the clothes for women in Male are pretty terrible! Dave will be OK. Depends what job you are taking...if you're in management you will probably need cocktail wear & dressy evening clothes otherwise light, summer clothes that are not revealing and cover yr shoulders. Take yr fav. sweets and chocolate, cosmetics to last yr years contract - lip gloss/eye shadow etc - hair products - face cleanser - shampoo/conditioner - loads of underwear - a laptop. There's probably more but that's all i can think of for the moment! Hope this helps. Have fun!

Dear Yvonne Anne,

thank you very much. That are def. some of things which we wanted to know...helps a lot.
Few more ideas...how is that with the raining seasson, is it neccesary to have special raining clothes..?
And for me(Julia) one more thing in my mind. In maledives you get all the lady stuffs if you get what i mean..:-)

So far thanks a lot Yvonne and looking forward to hear soon from you..!

Best regards from Bahrain Julia & David

For the girl, consider bringing a stock of tampons. You can find them in Male but some resort islands don't sell them in the staff shop.

Get a kindle or equivalent for quiet evenings- especially rainy ones. Books are often difficult to get hold of.

Valium?

Only kidding. To be ready for the quiet life and very little privacy - I met a couple once like yourselves who only lasted 8 months they couldn't stand the isolation and lack of privacy as staff have none in many resorts. Be prepared for that. The happiest foreigners are those that love the sea and nothing to do - a friend was a diver and liked it for 6 months and another I met lasted about the same. I lived in Maldives for a while (not in a resort which are technically uninhabited islands) and it is like Marmite. You love it or hate it. Same with the young locals who about 50% live overseas and mostly never come back. In case of it not being the paradise you think of (remember a one week hol might be lovely but....) just make sure you have an exit strategy (and cash) which screwed the couple I'm thinking of as they run out of cash looking for new work in Malaysia - being tropical etc but more lively.

Good luck!

Dear "Nemodot",
thank you for the reply and sorry for my late reply.

At All
could anybody please advise us which sim card is good enough to buy  ones we reached male..??

On your answers please consider that we want live in Male
so which sim card will be good for following place:  Gaafu Alifu Atoll ..???

Sim card should be good enough to do local and international calls.

Looking forward for all your answers.

HAPPY texting...:-)

D&J

Hi Both

Best to buy 2 SIM cards. Watanya for calling abroad and Diraghu for local calls.....excuse spelling!

I would echo the last post, save some cash (always) for a quick exit strategy....I've been here for 2 1/2 yrs and have seen many ex-pats come and go. I also have reached very, very near breaking point at times, it is not always paradise when you are working here and SO much depends on the resort you are on, they are all VERY different on so many levels.

Good luck, have fun

Anne

..i suggest wataniya..:)

Thank you "Yvonne Anne" and edvilyn"..!

It decently helps.
For us we are very much aware about the island life. Surly it is not easy sometimes.
But for us it is important to us..:-) We are not so much in outgoing or shopping.
As well we want to concentrate at our new jobs ad positions...!!!

As well it os a fact of a matter that saving cash is easier too.

So far cheers and if anything else to any subject come in you mind please
fell free and don't hesitate to post it..!!

Cheers,
D&J

Dear All,
finely 2 weeks ago we arrived in maldives.
We love our work and its pure fun to to so close in touch with our high profile guests..!
So far we very happy here and private life is also cool..!

Thanks of your help and support....and Ramadan Kareem to all muslim ladies and gentleman..!!!

Dave & Juia