I am moving to Tamale mid-May

I am moving to Tamale mid-May and I am wondering what's the housing accommodation out there?  I plan to rent on a long term basis probably for year and renewable.  How much is usually the cost of a house with 2-3 bedrooms and furnished?  How much do you pay for a helper and other utilities.  Thanks for any information!

@ Tamale it will be cheaper,, I am not sure ,, but preferably in USD300 - 350 u may get 3BHK house easily,,,u have to pay for a year in advance and if paying 2 year advnce then again can negotiate...And for furnished one,, i suggest u should buy ur own furnishesr otherwise chances r ther u will regret..

For helper / maid in Accra I pay GHC150,,,genarally the range is GHC100 to 150...

r u in ghana now??

Hi catherine0412,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I created a new thread as from your message on the Ghana forum as you were off topic on the other discussion.

Concerning the accommodation, i suggest you to have a look at the Housing in Ghana section and post an advert there as well. It might help you in your search.

I wish you good luck.

All the best,
Christine

I am a missionary from the UK who has two houses on the same two plot site in Tamale available for rent.
I can send you some pictures if you are interested along with price of rent
Regards John Cartledge

Hi John,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Please post an advert in the Housing in Ghana section.

Thank you,

David.

If you have not acquired accommodation please view my add on Ex Pat posted today.
Regards John