Meeting English speaking people in Morocco

Hi shann, I'm in Tangier and i've just registered on this site, we can talk (:

Hi all,

Have moved here to Morocco a few weeks ago and want to meet more English speaking people. Anyone in Casablanca???? :)

Hi All. I have lived in Morocco nearly 2 years, Starting to find no interaction with english speakers really lonely. I live with my Moroccan husband and 8 month old son. Im 33 years old and Im a full time mum. If anyone would like to be in contact with me. Please send me a message.

Thanks

Amarie

Moon1977 - Ainee in Casablanca and her husband are Irish, I am part Irish (mutt) and also live in Casablanca, and have quite a few English speaking friends here... will ask if any have a Sidi Kacem connection..

My email is [email protected], feel free to email and we can exchange numbers if you really need a friendly voice to talk to

Kindest Regards

Howdy all!

I am French and am living in Casablanca with my fiancee who's Sudanese. We're English speakers, and are always up for meeting new people. Hit us up if you want to go out for drinks, or just talk to a couple who's been living in Morocco for a while!

Hi,

Just saw some new posts on here and want to set up a day for us all to meet up and have a few drinks, maybe in the Irish bar in Anfa?? Are there any days or times that suits anyone better???? We need to organise something for this week maybe!!!!

Speak to you all soon,

Aine & Lee

Hi CasablancaAineTheGreat,

I just got back to Casablanca for a lightning visit and I'll be gone before the end of the week. I wasn't expecting to have time to make any kind of social plans, but your idea sounds great.
If we could plan a get together on Thursday (or maybe tomorrow - Wednesday) it would make my week much more interesting.

Regards,
Nuno

Hiya,

im sorry i cant do either of those days. when are you back in Casablanca again?? We can definatley organise something for then. I was thinking of Sunday for anyone who is free. Are you going home on Friday?

So plan now is Sunday afternoon @ the Irish Pub, Anfa. Around 4pm. ALL WELCOME!! Although, it will probably just be me :(

Yup, I think I'm going back on Friday (company plans tend to be flexible tough).

Don't worry, we'll meet next time ;)
I don't know when I'll be back but I stop by regularly.

I'm off to see the game (at Anfa actually - Hotel Idou Anfa).

Hope you have a good time on Sunday.

Well, i've conversational english, could communicatet, but would prefer girls rather than boys :)

I'm jocking, i live in Casablanca and we can have a drink. the farest your home country is, more glad i'll to talk with you, like that !

You can find me in Rabat early September. Stay in touch

shaann wrote:

What can I say? it just aint easy. Where on earth do you find them?

hey where are the marrakech expat at ??

guys lets do something ,
im going insane gradually !!!:(

Hi Everyone!
I just arrived in Marrakech... I come originally from Spain. I will be here for a month at least and would like to do the 2 days trip to the desert this weekend or any other thing next days but dont know anyone here...
Also I like running... and started to run around these last days. 
Would like to join me so that to look for actvities together? Drop me then a line to [email protected]

Cheers!

Hello guys,
Well i guess it's really late and hot at this summer night while i am writting this. Not sure if anyone will read it and get back to me. I was reading about some people have a hard time finding english speakers in Morocco. I totally understand their frustration as Morocco was an ex -French colony, so nothing to do with English. However, you can find few people able to communicate in English, still a very bad accent mostly, and they seem to translate their toughts from Arabic or French. Anyways, i was looking for some English speaking people living or visiting Morocco. Just for friendship and hanging out. I am a Moroccan guy from Tangier in north of Morocco. I just moved back after some good time spent in the USA. I am 30 yrs old, cool, easily to talk to, friendly, good looking, non-muslim by my spiritual convictions and serious about it.. I like outdoor activities, anything that includes having long walks, hiking, swimming at the sea, beach soccer sometimes.. If you guys interested please drop me a line, my email address is: [email protected] , or just go ahead and give me a call: 064-827-4875.
Regards,

Hi Zozo, I am English and have been living and working in Morocco on and off for many years.  Once you understand the culture you will find the Moroccans one of the most hospitable people in the world.  Do not worry, you will love it.  If you would like anymore infor please feel free to emaiol me [email protected]

Regards Anna

Hey, does anyone fancy meeting up late September in Rabat. It would be great for ex pats to have a monthly meeting/get together.  I am sure it would grow. I did this before in Thailand and it worked really well.  If interested contact me [email protected].  I look forward to hearing from you

Regards Anna

HI I am a Pilot and is looking to take on an assignment in Feb 2011 in Casa. I need help with finding an apartment in an area that has a lot of English speaking Expats, I'm Jamaican and also spend a lot of my time in NYC.

Need to learn French I guess as well, Phil

Hi johnnyringo42! You should post an ad in the Morocco classifieds > accommodation section.

Thank you and good luck
Christine

You guys are welcomed to join my group on facebook: "English- speaking people in Morocco".

Hi there,
You can also talk to people in internet in english, that's much better & easy.
Here are some useful web site to learn Darija (arabic dialect):
speakmoroccan.com
friendsofmorocco.org/learnarabic.htm
online-learning-guide.com/learn-arabic-vocabulary-moroccan-arabic-plural-form-of-darija-words/

Good luck,

1ofakind wrote:

Hello guys,
Well i guess it's really late and hot at this summer night while i am writting this. Not sure if anyone will read it and get back to me. I was reading about some people have a hard time finding english speakers in Morocco. I totally understand their frustration as Morocco was an ex -French colony, so nothing to do with English. However, you can find few people able to communicate in English, still a very bad accent mostly, and they seem to translate their toughts from Arabic or French. Anyways, i was looking for some English speaking people living or visiting Morocco. Just for friendship and hanging out. I am a Moroccan guy from Tangier in north of Morocco. I just moved back after some good time spent in the USA. I am 30 yrs old, cool, easily to talk to, friendly, good looking, non-muslim by my spiritual convictions and serious about it.. I like outdoor activities, anything that includes having long walks, hiking, swimming at the sea, beach soccer sometimes.. If you guys interested please drop me a line, my email address is: [email protected] , or just go ahead and give me a call: 064-827-4875.
Regards,

Hello,

It's funny to "read" you talking about the morrocan like if you were from newzeland.

We, morrocan have our "morrocan" accent because it's our third or fourth language , you call it "bad" accent, quite funny,do you think that we should speak english with a british accent?
lol

" they seem to translate their toughts from Arabic or French" : again, we are not supposed to have an "english" approach, our brain is full of arabic, berber,  frensh/spanish, morrocan cultur.

ps: you're lucky you did practice your english while we didn't

A Morrocan girl who is speaking english with a very very "bad" accent for sure ;)

Very nice reply, i appreciate you being very polite and having good manners!

Hi!

Any english or portuguese speakers coming to Ouarzazate leave a message. I am portuguese and I've been living in Ouarzazate for 2 years

Aloha !

to much comments wow , Still looking for "english" friend in tangier??? come on don't be such lasy or change the neighoor my friend :) hey contact me i'm in tangier and hope for a long time

hey its not really difficult to have a friends in casablanca they re some ppl who can speak english nd in one of them im moroccan can speak english

My name is Redo from Morocco,i live in the first city in Morocco and its name is Fez. i love languages and good friends from other countries. please if you are a foreigner in Morocco and you need some Moroccan friend,contact me please. i speak Arabic,French,Spanish,Italian,English and some of Japanese hehe and of course i want to learn more.contact me please this is my phone number 00212619649588 or msn [email protected] see you soon

Hi everybody i hope that your fine. my real name is fadwa im living in bouznika near of rabat,and im studying english in the university hassan 2 in mohammedia . so im looking for native english speakers or even persons who speak english to become friends in order to hanging out communicate with english to improve my language i will be very glad if i find you soon thanks.

I did not pay attention to this topic.. so here I am.

Well I would be glad to practice english with everybody.

salam

Hello, everybody!
I'll be happy to join your group of English speakers or friends, I really do like to have friends from different cities, or countries with different languages. As I like to help, I'll be truly happy to help.
Especilly, for those who are in Tangier, do not Hesitate!
Thank you so much.
Best wishes for everybody!

Im an english speaker,pls conctact me on [Moderated: pls send your phone number via a private message]

Hi Nsimbi,

Please note that htis discussion is quite old :)

Feel free to start a new topic with all you questions on the Tangier Forum for better interaction please :)

Thank you

Maximilien

hi my name is suhai im from dubai will be happy to meet u im live here in morroco rabat for the moment , plz email me   [email protected]

it will be great to meet u

hello everybody? you still looking for English speaking people here in morocco? well that shouldn't be hard. just check out UASTIM (union of Anglophone students in morocco)on Facebook and you will never be bored again. and you wont only meet English speaking people here, you got to mingle with people of different international languages. + we do hang out together a lot. infact, will be going on a road trip to meknes,fes n ifrane next week together with all my multi-lingual friends who on the other hand speaks fluent English.                                             AMINA HALADU FROM RABAT.

I'm in , pls send me an invitation :)

hello i am mohamed from tangier ,and mostly in sale ,i am interested to know u that is my face book if u want to contact me facebook.com/med.lahyani.7

Hi there I have just moved to Agadir .... Any English speaking people here . Breda

Hi breda,
We are not yet at Agadir, but happy to meet you on this blog.

it's an error

Hey all. I am hoping to come back to Morocco someday soon. I can help point you in the direction for finding English speakers in a couple places. It was stated that Ifrane there is some which is true. At Al Akhawayn University its the language of education there. In Rabat you have the American school and there is also Amideast in Agdal. I am not quite sure where the American School is but Amideast is on Rue Oukaimden right off the main strip. Its right around the corner from McDonalds. I know a LOT of Americans come through there usually during the school year.

i living in tangier !! i want to to meet english speakers too :)