Housing in the Cayman Islands

Hi,

our new housing in the Cayman Islands section is now available.

You can now post all your housing offers and requests in this new section.

Do not hesitate to share your thoughts and suggestions with us, your feedback is appreciated ;)

Thanks,

Julien

How big, how much for 2 bedroom 1 bath

more info needed

Hi, what are the best websites to look for acommodation in Grand Cayman? I am moving there in June and I am a bit lost...

Usually, and normally, employers find accommodation for their expats for the first week or two. What have they told you?

Yes they did. I have accommodation for the quarantine period plus one week. I am trying to have my accommodation as sorted as possible before that, so I can settle as soon as I can and to have an idea on how much it can cost me. I understand that public transport is not very good over there, what the best way to move around?

jcepeda30 wrote:

Yes they did. I have accommodation for the quarantine period plus one week. I am trying to have my accommodation as sorted as possible before that, so I can settle as soon as I can and to have an idea on how much it can cost me. I understand that public transport is not very good over there, what the best way to move around?

You question about accommodation is impossible to answer, short of a thousand words! How long is a piece of string? How much is a car? How deep is the sea? You have to give more information, man! Accommodation is anything from $100 a week to $1000, a car anything from $500 to $50,000.

Have you ever lived away from home before? How much are you getting paid, and in what kind of job, and whereabouts on the Island? I can't believe you haven't asked your employers something about your options. If you have, and they haven't given you any answers, I really think you should be looking around for better employers.

I am not asking aboit the price, i know it may change a lot, I am asking where to look. I have seen some advertishments in ecaytrade.com and I was wondering if they are other places to look and how public transport is in the island, as I will ve working right in the middle of Seven Mile beach, close to the Ritz Carlton Hotel, and Ibunderstand is an expensive area to live.

Sorry. I've only just now seen your last post.

Where to look for adverts: in one of the local newspapers when you get here.

Public transport... There are regular bus services mainly along the main roads. Most people have cars here, so I can't tell you how often the buses run. There are plenty along the main road that goes past the Ritz.

Accommodation... Yes, it's very expensive anywhere near the Seven Mile Beach. On the other side of the road, and close-ish to the Ritz - maybe $2000 a month by yourself. But of course it would be cheaper to share with two or three other people. ECay should be able to help you with that. What have you done so far?

Again: your employer should be helping with all this. If he's not, you might want to find another employer.

Hey there! Just seen your post and wondered how you got on? I am moving to Cayman in a few days and it sounds like im in the same boat as you were in April.
Any advice you could give me in where to look?
Ecay looks like my best bet at the moment but everything seems too far away from my work place or its been taken!! Hope to hear from you. Mikey