Just a few question about Jordan

Hey there, i'm new here and I'm planning to travel in Jordan for max 3 weeks. I would want to know what's the best month to visit?
and I'm an asian would wanna know if i can get a visa at the airport?

Thank you
Pim

Hi Pim,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thanks Christine for a warm welcome :)

Hi Pim and Hi to the Admin

Im new here and i still wanna know lots more about whats going on here in Jordan,and could you please let me know that where can i make new friends mostly Asians ?

Thank you
    Kate

Hey Pim... I would say the best months are May-June and September-Oct - not too hot and no rain :) You get your visa directly at the airport (20JD for one month).

Hope you'll like Jordan, it's a fab country!

Julie

Thank you Julie!
I will be there in June :D
and I did check it cos i'm thai citizen so I could get visa upon arrival at the airport, I just wanna make sure.
Thank you so much :D

April is the best month to visit as its the high season in jordan i work for tourism area and tourists prefer this month as it's not cold not hot beautiful for hiking trip and swimming ..if ya need help msg me Good luck

Thank you Asam :)
In April I can,'t make it XD
It's high season here too and i'm a real estate broker working in my uncle's company in Phuket. I can't go anywhere that month lol and it's also a thai new year mom gonna head down from bangkok and a family reunion :D

more question : How much do I need for spending 20 days?
just for spending I already got the accommodation :)

June is perfect :) lovely sunny days and the evenings are warm! Food wise if you eat local it's cheap.... Transportation wise you can take the bus when you go out of Amman (cheap, and works well though have never tried!! - but know loads who have) taxis are also very available - and cheap Wwhen in Amman - just make sure they put the meter on... Even when you leave a tourist attraction. Specially thinking about the citadel, might be worthgoing of site and find a taxi or walk down to downtown - i believe there are some steps so ewhere.  (there is a post on here somewhere about taxis). Tourist attraction is what you really need ro budget for. Petra for ex. Is 50jd for the day! Jerash around 7-8, public beach at the Dead sea is 16 or 20.  Hope it helps a bit. Please read my blog if you want ideas on what to see... Hope it helps a bit

Thank you Jullejm :)
I think i will get around 1000 usd
cos i don't have to pay for accommodation or even taxi
my friend will be a driver whenever i want and they gonna pay for everything cos my family was so nice to them when they were in Thailand. They was gonna pay for the tickets tho but i refused :)
sincerely thank you everyone for keeping replying me you guys took my nerve out :) Thank you so much
I will stay over in Amman if any of you wanna meet up or living around, we can meet up :D

Pim

sawadee ka.. hope you'll have a pleasant stay in Amman :)

That was nice! Sawasdee kaaaaa :D
Thank you for a really nice comment.
I hope i will enjoy Amman :)
Hope you are doing alright over there!

cheers
Pim