Is there an off season?

hi everybody! i would like to know if there is an "off season"
over there. i'm trying to figure out when the room rates are the lowest and more readily available. living in a tourist area like tampa bay, i know there are certain times of year when room rates go through the roof and other times of year when it's cheaper. i'm still targeting the san ignasio area, so any help would great. p.s. please excuse any grammatical errors-it's the curse of being a good mechanic.

Hey Strangeluck. Some resorts, hotels, and rentals don\'t discount at all and have year round pricing. If they do, then the techincal \"off-season\" in Belize is May-October, with the majority of those months being considered hurricane season.

Thanks! Sharon

Our first trip to Belize was in May of 2010. It was gorgeous!  Very hot, but gorgeous.  Despite one day of record rains (11", I kid you not), it didn't rain at all the entire time (or very little).  Great time to come, IMO. 

We also came for a week in Aug. 2010 and only had about an hour of rain the entire week, but that is unusual for rainy season.

Most hurricanes/tropical storms in this part of the world are Sept/Oct, so if you come between May and August, you shouldn't have to deal with anything like that, unless Mother Nature has something against you.  :D

Emily

thanks for the input. i'll probably try to get over there after my son graduates from army boot camp in april/may. being from fla, the heat and rain is something i'm used to and hurricanes are a great excuse to have a party.

I'll second that!  I haven't seen a hurricane party here yet, but who says we can't start a new trend :)  I found Hopkins and Placencia to be Super reasonable in Oct. though the best ice cream shop there is usually closed then.  If you like camping there's a place with secure camping for $7 BZ ($3.50 US) a night on the Lagoon.  Sounds like you're a down to earth kind of fella who isn't looking for a spa, so there are lots of options.  Flying into Cancun instead will save you a bunch but be aware that the transfer will take 8-10 hrs. so you'd have to build that into your stay, timewise.  Have fun!