Moving to London from Sydney Australia. Advice please

Hi, we are a family with 3 children aged 3,8,9 moving to London later this year from Australia.
husband will be working in Reading as well as traveling internationally a lot from Heathrow.
I have a bristish passport so am setup though has been 28 years since I have been to London.
I am now looking at area for our family to live that will be an easy train commute for husband to reading and fair commute to Heathrow by taxi for travel.
I am looking for nice larger village with all amenities in the village or town. Good sense of community. Safe and good catholic schools
We love good cares and shopping
Budget say mid range. Rent at first.
Would really appreciate any advice on nice areas to look at. We are coming for a week look see soon

Thanks

Hi Gracewolds and welcome to Expat.com!

I wish you good luck in your projects.;)

Harmonie.

Hi, hope all works ot for you. Your best looking along the M$ corridor as is very easy commute reading to Heathrow, literally one motorway. Reading has a reasonable city centre and like anywhere it depends on what part you live in will determine costs. You asl have wokingham/bracknell/binfield etc just south of M4 and highwycombe/oxford/slough etc which are just north. all of which are very easy to get to either Reading or Heathrow.

Maidenhead?
Windsor?
Reading itself?