Life in London

hello,

I've visited London few days before, and I really enjoyed the city, people... So, currently I'm tracking some information, how is life (not like a tourist but like an expat), how is easy to find a job in finance or In computer science sectors, can the British employers hire candidates without having very good English knowledge?
I hope, I can have some answers from you...
Thanks in advance :)

Hi fetwaki and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that you'll get some useful tips soon! ;)

In the meantime, feel free to have a look at the different discussions in the London Forum and check out the Life in England guide.

Good luck!

Francesca

i think its a bit difficult task as you don't know english so might be you will have communication problems.

hi fetwaki and welcome to Expat.com.

the beauty of London, from a cultural point of view, is how people from all over the world come here and make London their home. there are many courses available for people whose first language isn't English. you can learn along the way.
as for jobs, i would advise you browse job vacancies in London to see what sort of opportunities are available in the fields you mentioned.

if i may ask, what's your first language? you could post an ad in the London classifieds https://www.expat.com/en/classifieds/eu … nd/london/ under Community>Language Exchange; and offer to exchange your first language against someone else's English :)

regards, Nerolife

Hi all,

First of all, thanks for your answers.

I completely agree with you Nerolife about your definition of what is the beauty of London, and it's something that I really appreciate in London, people are speaking many language, and the best think, is that you can learn to much from those cultural differences.

Sometimes under stress and pressure, it can be harder to explain and defend your idea in English... I had already a bad experience...

by the way, My first language is French... and thanks for the link

hope to read you again... :)

hey there :) i'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience due to language barrier and i don't want to mislead you into thinking that it's easy finding a job in London and that fluent English will not be considered. but with additional English classes, you should be able to improve your fluency :)there's always a way to work round things :) you could browse job vacancies on gumtree.com. just to have an idea of the types of jobs currently available on the market

First of all a good knowledge of spoken English is a must... If you're looking for a job in IT then from a professional level - there's no problems as all things are still called more or less the same regardless of where in the World you are