Thinking about moving to the philippines- need a nice-safe apartment

need to find a nice safe apartment for under $200.00-anywhere in the philippines-need all of the info i can get about moving there and living there-thanks-gary

You won't get a "nice safe apartment" for under $200/mo in Metro Manila. Most studio apartments go for about P9,000 - P15,000/mo.

Out in the provinces it's another story however, sorry but I don't have any info on that.

You can find a safe, clean apartment for $200 per month, but don't expect a deluxe condo for that price. That's roughly php8,400, as of today, and here in Subic, that will get you an OK place. Don't expect air conditioning, cable TV or internet at that price, and it will be somewhat small. You would be looking at a one-bedroom, one bath with a small kitchen, and small living room.

You can absolutely find that in the provinces, but that does require a lot of research. You need to find a place that is relatively free of crime against foreigners (many places qualify - there are only a few dangerous places for expats). The place can't have too many expats, as that distorts the economy and jacks prices up pretty quickly.

There are several great towns near Cebu that might just be perfect for you. Hop on Google Maps and look around. Follow the highway south from Cebu and you'll see some smaller towns near the beaches. You would probably want to stay withing about 30 kilometers from Cebu so you can make occasional shopping trips - the smaller towns won't have much selection of foods you like or some of the other things we've grown accustomed to.

Gary, my wife and I will be retiring to the phil soon. Having said that we have visited our future home often. And for the last 13 months i have done massive reserch as our move date approaches. (immigration visas, drivers license requirments, cost of living, work permits ()god forbid ill never need one lol)) how to get internet, mail forwarding, heath insurance, doctors who accept overseas insurance programs, moving companies, customs etc etc etc).
Your general question is really just to general. Its a lot more complicated than jumping on a plane and getting off at the airport and just start living in the Phil. Feel free to contact me. I will try and give you any help I can

hello garry
i live here long time in in surigao city., there are some nice apartments here for $200.a month but your the one to buy for your self like the aircon. tv everything inside you need to apartment you have to buy it for your self., if you need to talk some question just call
this is my skype add: rudvikros

Hello, Lapu-Lapu City has apartment vacancies ranging from 100 to 200 per month. Come to Tumulak Village, Lapu-Lapu City, Mactan Island, Philippines, which is a controlled access compound of mostly wealthy Filipinos. Living here you are not bothered by beggars and merchants selling goods. There are only a few allowed in here. 24 hour security personnel and great friendly people. I rent a 2 bedroom apartment for around 160 per month. To get here cross the old bridge from Mandaue City over to Mactan Island, stay streight until you see a Petrone Gas station. You need to make a left here but since during the day left turns are not allowed you need to go right then turn around and come back across the intersection. Then make an immediate left taking you on a small road behind the Petrone Station. Go down until you see a wall that seems to be sticking out into the road, then an old Multicab truck on the left covered with dirt, just past that you will see a red brick wall make a left here and see the security guard and ask him about rentals in the compound, there are usually several available. Otherwise do a google on my name Charles Harman and look for a post on my site about apartments for rent, the post has photos and directions to this compound. Also my website retiringphilippines.org is a service oriented site all about making the move to the Philippines. It is packed full of information about moving here.
:cool:

(Moderated: please post in classifieds.)

(Moderated)

(moderated: no free ads please)

Hi and hello to you. Yes it is possible to get a nice apartment in the Philippines for under $200 a month. It really depends on where. In the big cities, like Manila and Cebu, maybe Davao it would not be easy. But most other places it is possible. It also depends upon how modern a place you want as well as the extras, like hot water, screens on the windows, secure windows, a shower, a toilet, etc.

May I ask why you want to live in the Philippines? The reason I ask is because many people have the wrong idea about this country. It is not at all what you might think. I live her with my Filipina wife and baby son, but I would like to move away soon. I am not at all happy here, so I wanted to ask what you want by moving here.

Some people love it, but others just get their hearts and bank accounts broken. Please be careful.

hi dondee31,. you are exactly correct! mostly foreigner here everybody like to go home to our country since here in the philipines foreigner have zero or no justice. corruption is worst here. everybody have to be careful. to some others like to stay and live here in the philipines.

if you are in the philipines or you like to come and live here! you should learn how to deal with this banana country!

[Moderated: Please post in the housing section]