Claro recharge

Recently bought a Claro SIM card but today suddenly find myself cut off.

Seems although you still have credit on SIM card after a certain period, if you dont buy more credit they just cut you off. Damn rip-off!

Dont see why should I buy more credit, when I still have some I paid for previously,.... seems to me rather like a kind of blackmail , I paid for it and they wont let me use it until I pay more!

I know may other companies do the same, but still very annoying.

Does Orange here have the same policy?

Tried to recharge card today at Claro desk in Playero and was told not possible there-thought  pretty poor service, if they cant provide a simple thing like that.

So where is the best place in Sosua to recharge Claro?

and what is the minimum amount of recharge?

While Im writing also wanted to ask if anyone knows a place where I can get a simple soldering job done for computer headphones- tore out the wires from the jackplugs and need soldering back on?

You probably need to get a new sim card at this point. Yes they do expire if you don't use them or after a certain period of time. If  you plan on being here for a long time (over a year) then maybe you should sign up for a "plan", pay monthly and don't worry about recharging or having minutes expire.  The shop at Playero should be able to do both for you. Or try the Orange store next to Banco Popular and switch to organge.
As to head phone repair try one of the couputer stores. There is one in the small shopping center next to the new hospital and I belive one behind Baileys as well

Good luck

Bob K

Yeah thanks for that Bob

>You probably need to get a new sim card at this point. Yes they do >expire if you don't use them or after a certain period of time

But surely they wont do that after just 4 days expiry?

As the Playero shop was so Useless re recharge, will try another Claro outlet in Pedro Clisante.

Seems no point charging it up by large amount as they cut you of again no doubt at later stage, if you dont keep buying new credit, so best to do minimum amount.Any idea what minimum is?

Noticed there are some companies where you can recharge over Internet, but that will now doubt be more expensive with processing fees, etc

Not sure what to do but I would suggest stopping in the Orange store.  They are very helpful and many of the staff speak perfect (or almost perfect) English.

Still better to get a long term plan if you are going to be here for a while.

Bob K

Does anyone know the length of inactivity before they cut you off?  Does it depend on how much money was put on the phone? 

It tells you that on recharge, as I recall

Just topping up $5 brings back the old minutes unless you go a really long time & get terminated altogether