Would like to live in Thailand

Hello,

I am a Singaprean. I and my wife are both retireers. We are having some rental income and would like to use it to live 9 months  per year in Thailand (say Phuket). We would like to stay in a condo or a fenced-in houses.

Can anyone tell us how much we need per month if we spend normally?

Hi,
there are many rental opportunities for any budget in Phuket.
I live in a single house, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, big living room and kitchen with garden. We only pay 15.000 THB and many long term renatal are about that price, sometimes a bit more, sometimes less, depends what is important to you to have in the house. An it depends also on the area you live. I stay in the South, Nai Harn/Rawai area, best place to be on Phuket. Do some research and I'm sure you wull find teh right place for you. I just give you the suggestion to book somewhere for a couple of weeks, than start searching the area and the house you would like to stay. Forget the condo, the good thing of living in Thailand is to stay in the nature, better to have some garden than a balcony. But it's a matter of taste anyway.For living one month it also depends on what sort of lifestyle you would like to have. Going cheap and eating Thai everyday twice a day you will save a lot of money, going to buy stuffs at local markets you will save even more if you are good at it. If you would like to have an expat wealthy lifestyle, going to fancy restaurant often and to bars, than it can come really expensive. With a  good balance of all the above, for a couple the avarage expenes could be around 2000 SGD/month, including the cost of the house. You might probably rent a motorbike too, and if you are planning to live here, I suggest you to buy a second hand one. All in all you must be good at managing your expenses, here are a resume of fix costs.
House: THB 15.000 (monthly)
Telephone, internet and electricity: THB 2.000 (monthly)
Other home expenses: THB 5.000 (monthly, drinking water, soaps...)
Motorbike: THB 3.000 (monthly, or buy a second hand one at 16-18.000 THB)
Thai meal: THB 200 (per couple, no alcohol)x 2 times a day x 30 days = THB 12.000

I hope this help to give you an idea.

How are you going to spend 9 months out of a year there...in terms of visas?