Need apartment in Nairobi

Hi there,

I am a recent graduate moving to Nairobi in October for a six month journalism internship and am looking for advice on where to look for apartments.

I think my budget for a furnished apartment is between 45,000 and 65,000 KSH... any insight into what I can get for that? 

I'll be working with the Nation Media Group and have had someone recommend I live in Hurlingham (?)

Any advice would be much appreciated... website links or email contacts would be ideal. 

Any other advice on living in Nairobi would also be appreciated

Thanks in advance!

Yep !! Hurlingham, Kilimani or Lavington areas are fine because it's close to city center.  Otherwise, Parklands and Westlands, but it's crowded.

They are many many appartments free in Nairobi, they grow like mushrooms here.  Just Google for some agencies based in Nairobi and just do a bulk emails or visit Mambogani's pages - http://www.mambogani.com/property/prope … _kenya.php

Finding a furnished falt at this price will be a little difficult since prices are going up like crazy.

Peperuka

Thanks!  Very helpful... the search continues.

Any other advice for someone new to Nairobi?  Places to go/avoid, restaurants/pubs/sights to experience, anything "classically Nairobi" or "insider's tips" if you will. 

Thanks again!

dear sir,
would you prefer ngumo estate, its around 15 minutes drive to Nairobi or from Nairobi. ngumo estate is located near hurlingham  and i can be in a position to help you get a furnishd appartment there.

What size apartment?  What is the rent?  Is that a safe area?

i am not sure ngumo would be so safe for an expat. Are you still searching for a house?

Yes still looking... won't settle on a place until I arrive October 1 though. 

Do you have a suggestion in mind?  Any help is appreciated!

Hi!

I am also looking for a place and willing to share; I am French and should be in Kenya around the end of September.

I lived in Nairobi the all of last year but since the place I was in before returning home for some time has increased its rents tremendously, I have to find another house.

Are you thinking of sharing?
Please let me know,

Thank You,
S.

>>>FURNISHED,SERVICED  APARTMENT near westlands – Kshs. 35,000

Ideal for single lady/gent for short term stay (2-6 months)....Price inclusive of utilities and shopping, call Rose on 020-8057558

Rkay10, could you please post in the classifieds? Thanks

hello...me and my family are thinking of moving to nairobi..hubby's got a good job offer.Pls suggest good areas for stay.Iam an indian and have a 4 month old daughter.The areas should be safe, apartments furnished with more expat communities, parks neasrby and close to the city center for grocery shopping.Kindly suggest