New in AL AIN...Struggling To Meet New People...Then Read This!!!

Hello Al Ain,

After the success of our first official meet up group in Abu Dhabi, I am proud to announce the coming together of our new meet up group in Al Ain, which will be run by Mia, who some of you have already met at the first meet up on Monday.

New in Al Ain or have been here for a while, still struggling to meet new like-minded people...well regardless of your age, gender, size, shape, race, skin colour, religion, background, political views (…and the list goes on) you have this wonderful opportunity to become a part of this new, exclusive social group and truly become a part of Al Ain itself.

I had received so many requests from Al Ain to get something started there as many were not able to travel to Abu Dhabi every week. The meet up group in Abu Dhabi was developed cos throughout Expat-Blog I had seen a number of requests for someone to actually organise something rather than just keep talking about it. The steps were taken to turn these words into action, as I wasn't sure whether anything had been done or was ever going to be done...and we have not looked back ever since. In Abu Dhabi we have developed a strong group of about 30 members, and I am sure Al Ain can match this and go beyond.

Over time we will organise meet ups/organised activities/day trips. I would like to think that this would be a good excuse to get a gathering together so that we can meet new people and network. After all most of us have left our friends and families behind, and travelled thousands of miles away, so it is important to meet new people so that you're not left feeling lonely and depressed in a new city.

I am in the process of talking with a number of restaurants, outlets, entertainment companies across the UAE who will come on board as partners and offer exclusive offers to our group members. Mia will keep you all updated with this.

We now have meet groups in operation in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain, and Dubai are also well on their way to having something set up there. The idea is once a month we will all meet up for a joint organized activity, and the location will be rotated, and the meet up group hosting the inter-city meet up would be responsible for deciding the activity. So there are exciting times ahead.

I stress that this is COMPLETELY NON-PROFIT making. NO FEES, NO JOINING FEE AND DEFINITELY NO COMMISSION!!!

If anyone likes the sound of this and would be interested in meeting up every week to participate in organised activities, and to meet new people, and most importantly feel the need to be a part of something, then why not come a long and join this exclusive club.

For further information please contact Mia as it would be nice to get a group of at least 10 people together on a weekly basis.

I look forward to receiving some feedback from you all.

Mohit

Hi Al Ain,

First, would like to thank from the bottom of my heart, who attended our first meet up, looking forward to meet you again guys plus still waiting for other expats to join our group who wants to participate in organised activities, to meet new people, and most importantly feel the need to be a part of something.

@ Mohit: Thank you for the message, sounds great! Will take your advices. sent u email.

Let's plan for our 2nd meetup.

Pls. leave ur Comments/Suggestions

Im still on planning mode, pls. help.

Thank you.

cheers,

mia

I will arrange something, and send it to you to see what you think :)

@ pabbm: Hi!nice, great job!! will send u email later. got a problem in internet connection.

Anyone would like to watch movie tom. / or have a dinner or both? Sunday, 16 Oct. @ Al Ain Mall?

cheers,

princessmia

mia at al ain mall wht time u want me to pick up from jahli or will be there

@ prince75: thanks, see u at the al ain mall.

mia at wht time and which place

Hi All,

7pm at Al Ain Mall, anyone  else interested?

192 people have already viewed this page...come on ladies and gents, what is keeping you all from introducing yourselves, there is no need to be shy Mia does not bite lol :P

when and ( what is the place )

@ kamboosh: i sent u SMS, anyway tonight at 7pm Al Ain Mall. see u there.

@ pabbm: ye right, i dont bite, lol.. thanks a lot :) hope to have a meetup with u guys there in Abu Dhabi next month.

cheers

I will let some others know about tonight, and will get back to you tonight if they can make it. But you should try and do every Friday, that's what we do over here in Abu Dhabi. And recently cos some people cant make Fridays all the time, I rotate it over Friday/Saturda, but everyone knows that there will be something organised over these days, so they keep themselves free.

sorry i think i cant come i have to study ( i have test soon )

hey! would love to meet/join

Meelzzn wrote:

hey! would love to meet/join

Hi,

thanks a lot for your interest, i think this calls for 2nd meetup!!!and u are really Welcome in our group, we've been waiting for you!!!! Let's plan together and have fun. i sent u private mail, pls check it out.

see u soon,

princessmia

Hi Mia,

How is it going? We need to set up a regular meet up day for you in Al Ain. I would suggest the following days: Thu/Fri/Sat. Dubai is now going to be up and running soon and will be running on Fridays as well, so it would be nice to make Al Ain a weekly thing as well. So get back to me on this.

Mohit

Hi im new here thanx for having such a group im looking for some friends here..hope im in right place....im not regular to the website...do reach me @ 0566984067 if possible if any new meet up is thr.....

hi all iam recently moved and working in al ain city i was living in doha-qatar after that in sharjha and Dubai i know alot of ppl  but i dunno ppl in al ain.. really i want to meet u all and 2 be one united family sharing our interests and hopes and help each others nice to meet u all :)

m new in al ain...catch me on
facebook.com/tan9001

Is the meet-up group still active?  I'll be moving to Al Ain at the end of August to teach, and I would love to get to know everyone a little better!

Brett

i think right now the meet ups are not active

Hello,

I am new to the area.  I would love to find a hiking group, or outdoor activity group.

Thank you,
Judy

hi folks - anyone up for walks - talks - forks!

Barry

Is this still happening??

meet up are stll on??