Ayst Gov't Documents requiring witness

I have had a huge problem finding someone who is an authorised Australian living in Hoi An or nearby to sign and witness a Document required by CLink.

So far it has taken ages to get the original translated into Vn, then signed and stamped, retranslated etc and eventually sent back to Canberra, late.

Is there anybody out there that can help, as l know l will  need to do this again.

@johnellerton44

Will a person from Notary Public be acceptable? If so there are a few in Hoi An, i have had no problem them signing and putting their authorised stamp on the legal documents for both New Zealand and UK.

Try Le Van in Cua Dai Street

Yes it can be done but it means getting the original document translated into Vn, then that needs to be stamped and endorsed by the notary as correct, before they can continue with the notarisation of that document.

When that is done the Vn copy needs to be re- translated back into English so that CLink can read it. This is expensive and time consuming and there is no gaurantee that CLink will accept it. I will know if it wasn't, if my Pension is stopped. From what l can gather it is unlawful in Vn for anybody other than a notary to sign any foreign doc's, or l could get my doctor here to do it, whereas CLink would accept anyone on their list of authorised persons. Trouble is, those people are not resident here, although l am chasing a lead that there may be an Australian registered architect now living in the area that may be able do it.

FYI. CLink require a " Proof of Life" certification every 2 years after a certain age. Sheeeesh, all they need to do is video call me to see for themselves that l am still kicking.

My alternative is to fly to Hanoi where it can be signed by the Aus Embassy.  That seems an expensive and unnecessary round trip that could be avoided.