E-Visa pickle

I've visited Vietnam a few times in the past few years, only twice on an E-Visa and never had a problem until recently.

On my prior visits I wasn't married and my (unmarried) passport stated surname (TWO) and given name (ONE).

However, now that I'm married my surname (maiden name) became my middle name with my passport being,

Surname (THREE)

Given name (ONE)

Middle Name (TWO)

I applied for an E-Visa including my middle name since I've read horror stories of people not being allowed to board their plane.

However, I get a message to edit my application according to the ICAO line of my passport, which excludes my middle name.

P<PHL<THREE<<ONE<<<<<<<<<<

Since I've edited it has been approved, however I'd like to hear if anyone else was in the same situation since my flight is scheduled for tomorrow and I'm not entirely certain whether it's correct.

I'd also like to point out that the application portal no longer state "full name" as I've seen on other people's screenshots and has split it up to have two separate boxes for Given name and Surname.

@Cherrysial

Hi there Cherrysial. Welcome to the forum.

Good to hear of your receiving your approved eVisa!

There was recently a post from a member with a similar issue, here. We've not heard back from that member yet as to whether our suggestion to them resulted in their application being approved.

I'm confident you will have absolutely no problem clearing customs after arriving in VN.

That said, there had been one report which I can recall from a couple of years back, where a member had some slight difficulty with the airline due to their "full name" not showing on their eVisa. The member, after speaking to a supervisor at the airline's check-in counter, managed to convince them that the ICAO line matched precisely the name shown on the eVisa. The member was then permitted to board the plane.

The only hurdle you might possibly have to negotiate will be from the airline, but with the proliferation of eVisas worldwide I'm thinking that they will now have had experience with this and that you'll not be denied passage.

It would be great to hear back from you as to how this plays out.

(p.s. congratulations on your marriage)

Sounds as if the only possible conflict would be if the name on the flight ticket doesn't match the passport.

The only hurdle you might possibly have to negotiate will be from the airline

Which was also my biggest concern. However, the airlines didn't even check my E-Visa nor checked whether I had a onward flight within 21 days (max days exemption for Filipino passport holders).

I'm confident you will have absolutely no problem clearing customs after arriving in VN.

Which was the case upon landing in Ha Noi. The officer simply looked at the E-Visa and granted me the maximum three months.

Now I'm happily back in Viet Nam and enjoying a trip :) Thanks for the help/re-assurance!

@Cherrysial

Excellent news! Happy to have provided what little advice we could.

We'd love to hear from you during (or after) your visit. You'd mentioned having been to VN before. Are you noticing any changes from your last visit? Are your favourite areas/shops/restaurants still around?

Hope you have a wonderful time during your stay here.