RE: Jordan Newbie

Hi all,

Newbie here - looking to pop over to Jordan - would be grateful if you can help with some questions (apologies if I'm asking silly/obvious questions) :)

1. Does anyone have dual nationality? I'm British and would like to get Jordanian nationality - how so and how long does it take?

2. Can I buy residential property in Jordan without having a job there? Can I buy any property regardless of price and location? Is there a minimum investment?

3. Price range of 2 bed apartments in Amman? Recommended websites?

Thanks in advance
Adil

Hi Adil and welcome to Expat.com!

Have you gone through the forum? There may be some interesting discussions there.

Harmonie.:)

HI there Elcojones! I'm a newbie myself, shot over from the States to marry my Jordanian hubby. We are dealing with 2 of the very same issues you just mentioned. First off its a long and annoying process to get citizenship but not impossible. Be ready for bureaucracy and BS unless you make yourself some quick friends in that dept! The apartment biz is fun; So far its looking in the nice places regarding apt living 2 bedrooms can run you from 400JD and up. I like Expatriates.com for that, and Expatblog classifieds is awful good too. Start here:

http://www.expatriates.com/cls/14062451.html
A 2br starting at 350 :) Hope this helps! Cheers!

Yes fab that's great info.

I'll look around - I'm actually thinking of buying a flat but probably should rent for a while first - need to get my head around all the costs and also getting Jordanian nationality though without having a Jordanian spouse.

How much has the citizenship application cost you so far. I had one lawyer quote me $5000 JOD - which I think is way excessive...

5000JD is ENTIRELY too expensive. Keep in mind, since you are a foreigner, you will be gipped quite a bit (Im sure you know people in countries with lesser economies always try to pilfer the money out of the pockets of foreigners they perceive to be from "rich" countries; how the world works, isn't it?) I don't have a lawyer for what I'm doing, but my husband is one so maybe I'm out of the loop :D Getting naturalized takes years of course, just like any other country, but citizenship is alot faster I hear. Im told I have to renew it yearly.

hey there

I am Jordanian and I have two passports so it's totally cool
and yeah i think u can buy residential property but im not sure though and ummmmmmm what else, Price range of a small apartment? well it depends on the area and the location of course, but u can say around 300/400 JD monthly, u can find cheaper if u looked but as i said, it really depends on the location.

let me know if i can help more & oh welcome to Jordan in advance ^^
cheers