G-Cash question

Do You have already a fee in encashing through g-cash?

My partner collects through Gcash, it seems to me that she pays a commission of 5 pesos for every 1000. A lot depends on where she collects, because in some places they even asked her 45 pesos for 1000 withdrawn.

@tagordaa

Correct, I asked my partner.  15 pesos per 1000.

Ah Gcash.

Used to be free to deposit money up to P8K and free per month to pay phones/internet and Cygnal,,, now I see a 2 peso charge per transaction, I suppose that cash is best and a decent safe. Gcash is convenient but the last 2 times Ben went to load in the local Pure Gold the system was down. The Gcash system. To the OP we only pay bills through the system and never draw cash.

Cheers, Steve.

Do You have already a fee in encashing through g-cash?         -@tagordaa

You may get a variety of answers because there are 4 types of partners that gcash uses for cash out. In some cases you fill out a form to get your money (like SM or supermarket partners) or you just basically send it to yourself like Palawan, C Lhuillier and M Lhullier. Then there are banks and some other category. I tried to find the charges for you on the Ap but gcash doesn't say anything about that meaning you really need to discuss with the partner to get their charges. Gcash charges could be zero in some cases. Finally, some people can apparently get a gcash debit card whose limit is the same as your balance. We all know the ATM charges but they may be lower than foreign cards are charged. One piece of advice: Get verified on gcash so you can cash in online rather than depositing at some store...they do that here, reminiscent of pre-internet days in the US. Get verified on a remittance service like remitly so you can send, online, money to your gcash and Maya (similar to but better than gcash). With remitly you could forget gcash completely and send from it directly to a category of Lhuillier, Palawan, most chain pawnshops, LBC and more for zero cost and in the case of Palawan and Lhullier for sure, you are not charged by them for pickup. I guess everyone makes their money from currency exchange but the rates I have seen with remitly are not unreasonable. It is far cheaper to do this than using a foreign card in an ATM machine here, I just have to get people here used to picking up 150k php at Lhullier rather then 3 separate days at ATMs with 50k php daily limits and LOTS of service charges plus any problems in getting new atm cards sent to you in the Philippines when current card expires.

If you cash in at the stores you will get hit with a 2% cash in fee, but if you send it through InstaPay there is no fees.