So many questions before moving to Ireland

Hello !

My name is Florent, I am from France, and with my family we would like to spend 7 months in Ireland, from end August 2024 to End of March 2025.

Our objectives are to discover Irish culture and learn english.

We already started to look at housing, jobs, health, school topics... and we found it not so easy to find solutions despite Ireland is also in EEC.

We have an additional constraint, as we have 2 cats... and for our children we cannot envisage leaving without them.

We would be very grateful if you have some information about the different topics such as:

- how to work in Ireland and keep à good health insurance (we learnt that french CPAM doesn't apply anymore once you work and irish public health insurance only works from 1 year)

- as it seems not easy to work we are rather looking for volunteer work and cheap housing, thus rather in countryside in West Ireland , but not easy to find rental accepting cats

- once we have a house, is there a risk that schools do not accept our children and that we have to go somewhere else ?

... quite a lot of questions and we would not like to come in Ireland without answers to all these topics.

Many thanks in advance for your help !

Kind regards,

Florent

Hello and welcome on board, Florent !

I have created a new thread from your post on the Ireland forum so that you may better receive some feedback.

Till members shed the light on your queries, feel free to read the articles of the Living in Ireland guide for expats

And if you want to interact with francophone members, you may also check out the french speaking forum Irlande : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4347

All the best

Bhavna

Thanks a lot Bhavna for your answer !

I will have a look at all what you suggested !

Big thanks,

Florent