Your neighbours in Ecuador

Hello everyone,

When you move in Ecuador, relationships with your neighbours can play a vital role in your well-being and integration. Share your experiences of the interactions and routines that punctuate your daily life in Ecuador:

Tell us about your relationships with your neighbours in Ecuador. Do you have any anecdotes to share, moments of solidarity or community initiatives that have touched you?

Are there any specific customs or cultural norms to be respected between neighbours? For example, is it normal to introduce yourself to your neighbours and invite them over when you move in Ecuador?

Do you have any tips or advice for fostering good neighbourly relations in Ecuador? How do you deal with the differences and diversities that can exist within the community?

Are there any initiatives to organise activities between neighbours, whether official events or spontaneous gatherings?

Are your neighbours expats or locals? How does this influence your experience in Ecuador?

By sharing your experiences, you enrich everyone's understanding of life in Ecuador and help many people to plan their life abroad.

Thank you all for your contributions.

Cheryl
Expat.com Team

My advice at least on the coast is , my meighbors are great but they are gringos 1 from austria the other from russia . they are like me like QUIET life and respect each other. ***. where do live? salinas in a quote high class neighborhood ya sure whatever you say dirt roads the drive so bad they have to put speed bumps to keep them going slow . they are friendly but no respect for others but HEY I MOVED TO THEIR LAND so in short shut the you know what up . i am still here and will continue as long as america is in the state it is in. oh and 1 last thing if you have nice things and you want to keep them yours you had better have a 10 foot concrete block wall topped with 4 ft of electric fence or your stuff will be gone .

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : Overly generalised comment
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : Generalisation
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

In my experience, the Ecuadorans are extremely friendly and warm. My neighbors gift me fruit, breads,

snacks. I bake them cookies. The key is to speak Spanish and be somewhat gregarious. If not, you

will be assumed to not wish to be bothered. And you will be ignored.