Bacolod and Iloilo healthcare, food, and crime compared

This isn't meant to be a which city is better overall post. These two aspects are really important to my retirement, but especially healthcare quality. Is Bacolod or Iloilo known for better hospitals/healthcare? I've heard great things about the food in both cities so I'm guessing it may just come down to preference, but I would love to hear your opinions. Not just local specialties but access to Western options as well. Is one city considered safer than the other when it comes to crime? This one I'm not quite as worried about but still interested.

Smallchungo asked. . . . .    This isn't meant to be a which city is better overall post. These two aspects are really important to my retirement, but especially healthcare quality.

A question to ask yourself is what is the status of your health. If you have existing problems, it's best to have them corrected (example: cataracts) or under control before you move here.

A second consideration is your age, advancing age creates more problems. US Medicare or coverage from US HMO's is not accepted in the Philippines.

Medical services must be paid upfront. Even though medical treatment is cheaper here it can be expensive for a hospital stay. My wife had kidney stones removed, $9,000 just for the hospital, not including Doctor fees before and after the surgery.   

@Enzyte Bob

$9000 US?

@Enzyte Bob$9000 US?        -@Dude55

Yes $9,000 USD about 10 days in St Lukes (Manila), a premier hospital affiliated with the Mayo Clinic. (More #1 ratings than any US hospital)

I should also mention she needed blood transfusions and the cost of fees is tied to a scale with the size of the room you have. (Bigger, Better Room Higher Fees)

You need or want Bob, pay the cost. As you/we do.

Cheers, Steve.