Partership in Bahrain

Hi

I am looking to join a small business as a partner.

Small Restauarant, Gents salon, Travel agency etc

Any leads will be appreciated

Cheers

Doubt anyone here would be looking. Best bet is to advertise in GDN classifieds.  And be ready to pay a lot for your share as people would only bring in strangers if they are facing a liquidity crunch - either business not doing well or they need to expand. Considering Bahrain market, it's usually the former. So understand that you can lose your investment.

@roycherian Hello !

In addition to information provided by our Expert, @ Xtang, I would recommend that you create an advert in the Business partners in Bahrain section of the website.

All the best

Bhavna

Thank you for the kind reply and advice which is highly appreciated.

Given your expertise, may I ask what would be the best possible option to start a small business unit with a very  small capital considering the fact that I have no market experience. i also need to have a valid visa like an investor visa to obtain a resident permit

The thing is that Bahrain is a VERY small market.  Most small businesses do NOT do well.   And even if you go for a small business like a grocery store or salon, outside of the MOIC capital requirements, you will be needing to invest anywhere from 5-15K BHD.   And you need to be ready to lose it if the business doesn't do well.

You can't ask someone for an idea for a business and neither can you approach this with "Oh I want to start a business and get a visa".  That pretty much means that you are going to fail.  Why?   because, you haven't thought this through, haven't done your research, haven't made a business plan and are not passionate about this.   First you decide what business you want to be in, do your research on the market, line everything up and then ask people to challenge your plan to make it better.

Otherwise, you come across as non-serious and no one will take the time to make a detailed business plan for you.   The people who do that, will charge you a lot of money and are called consultants (Not the silly business set up consultants but proper ones like Mckinsey, Bain and the like).