Selling a house in Puerto Rico

Hola expat community!

I'm hoping to get some input/recommendations regarding selling a house in Puerto Rico. The process for purchasing the house was very different from the states, so I'm assuming it will be the same to sell. I've heard so many things regarding realtors in PR and people desperately looking to buy and realtors never returning their calls. Obviously, that wouldn't be a great situation for someone looking to sell their house. Has anyone experienced that situation in PR?

Anyone have experience listing their house themselves and selling? Or can recommend a great realtor?

Just exploring options and hoping that I can find someone that has had experience with this on the forum.

Thank you!!!

@miss.lmarie hello, I'm Kim what area of the island is the your house?

Buying or selling a house in Puerto Rico is insane, and the realtors are worthless and basically expect to get paid as soon as you list the house, if you're looking to buy a house, the realtor, don't even return your phone calls won't show you the property and even if you put an offer in on the house and it's excepted, the realtor could say he doesn't like your personality and won't work with you which happened to me recently Even though the checks are already made out and we are ready to buy the property

I know do on a property and I love it here in Puerto Rico,

Yep...took a full year and 40 days for us to buy a house here on the island...just gotta be persistent as well as very, very patient....at the end, all worth it.

@kbarretoct  The house is on the east side of the island, in the mountains of Luquillo. About 15 mins from the beach

@miss.lmarie  Hi!  I am looking.  How big is your house?  Is it a one story or two story?  What is the age of the home?  Arlene

@garciahanner The house is 1 story and about 1,600 sq. ft and sits on about 1 acre of land. It was built in the 80's. Are you just looking in the Luquillo area? Or other places on the island as well?

@wmillette Thanks for sharing your experience regarding buying a house, sounds like it was difficult but you were finally able to find one that worked out.

@miss.lmarie  I am looking from Luquillo to Ceiba.  I have family in that part of the island.  What is the price range you will be asking for your home?

@garciahanner Glad to hear. The east side of the island is definitely a great place to live. Close enough to San Juan as well. Feel free to private message me and we can exchange contact information to discuss further 1f603.svg