Why I dont like Gcash

@danfinn
Yes, SRRV membership is ok for a bank account.
Don't people already have an account for the deposit?
BDO is easiest,because BDO, BOC iand others are accredited by the PRA. Nationwide SRRV should be accepted.
Let me know via PM which banks (plus name and phone of manager) refuse.

-@emvaningen

Thank you for your information. I said I am not sure if banks requesting ACR cards will also accept SRRV. I said jury is still out for me but maybe other members know the answer. For GCASH, definitely they ask ACR card and passport for foreigners. They did not accept SRRV card for GCASH verificaction for the eight times I tried it. It's as if their Ai looks at the SRRV card and doesn't know what it is. Nobody at GCASH said the would not accept SRRV because, gosh, we should be so lucky as to actually talk to a human and get rejected. GCASH just says nothing and refuses to approve. GCASH does not give the option of submitting SRRV in lieu of ACR. Having said that, MAYA is a competitor to GCASH and they DO accept SRRV as part of verification. MAYA is far more user friendly and stable than GCASH plus it even gives you a debit card which you can load from money back home. At the risk of advertising for Maya, I will recommend any expat to use it over GCASH.  Btw, regarding the SRRV deposit account, in my case BDO, as you know that is not a traditional savings/checking)debit card account but most significant, that account couldn't accept SRRV anyway because you obtain SRRV AFTER opening the account. In my case, my passport plus the letter from PRA was sufficient to open it.

@danfinn

Maybe I misunderstood you. Apologies.

I know of course about the special deposit account, but after SRRV has been issued, no bank should deny the applicant opening a personal account.

I was merely offering my help if there are many SRRV holders here who are unable to open account.

@danfinnMaybe I misunderstood you. Apologies.I know of course about the special deposit account, but after SRRV has been issued, no bank should deny the applicant opening a personal account.I was merely offering my help if there are many SRRV holders here who are unable to open account.        -@emvaningen

Many thanks again for your kind offers to help. In the case of Philippine bank accounts I have not been interested in transferring my USA bank deposits to the Philippines. But now I hear from Bob the possibility of opening a Philippine bank account where you just transfer money in from a US bank using wise etc. and then using the Phil banks bill-pay service to pay bills. I may be interested in opening up a Phils account for that purpose and when I do, if I get any SRRV push back I will let you know immediately. For GCASH, I cannot prove 100% they rejected me for not having an ACR card but the fact is, they rejected me and I did not have or submit an ACR card, I had to substitute my SRRV so when asked to take a pic of my ACR card, I took a pic of my SRRV card instead as it was all I had. GCASH does not say that SRRV card is not acceptable, they say nothing about it at all and they rejected my verification when I substituted it for ACR. Or more accurately, they did not reject, they simply failed to approve and never completed my application. Eight times (it became a game almost). It is impossible to talk to anyone there but if I could, chances are the clerk would not even know what a SRRV card was. So my nephew applied on my behalf for a GCASH accoubt and listed me as a Phils resident (true, really), not a foreigner (but I consider myself one lol) and got me verified with my Philippines drivers license. It works fine for now but I prefer Maya who accepted me as a foreigner with SRRV. You might want to ask GCASH why they do not list the SRRV card as an acceptable foreign ID for verification like they accept ACR. They don't even mention SRRV, it's like it doesn't exist. I am not 100% sure that if they investigated further they would be happy with my membership so I don't use them as a primary source, only backup which I have not actually needed.

Is Gcash regulated by BSP?

I can only ask help in case of regulated banks refusing to honor SRRV,

I have GCash, but I forgot how I got it.

Is Gcash regulated by BSP?
I can only ask help in case of regulated banks refusing to honor SRRV,
I have GCash, but I forgot how I got it.

-@emvaningen

I don't know if they are regulated by BSP and my difficulties in getting verified with them are not a big deal to me anymore because GCASH has good competition. And, GCASH never explicitly said I was rejected due to SRRV. In fact, they never said I was rejected so with that, there is no  specific complaint that can be made. The  questions you could ask are: 1) Do you know what an SRRV ID is? 2) Do you accept the SRRV ID for identifying a foreigner in the verification process? If yes, why do you not list SRRV along with ACR for foreigner ID? If no, why not?

@mrbillone

How about pay Paypal you would like it?