Friends in Alanya and surrounding area

Hello, my name is Karram and I am from Canada, 34 years of age and moved to Alanya at the end of 2021 and stayed for one year then went back to Canada for 9 months and just returned to Alanya last week.

I was not very successful at meeting people, I only speak english and some french so its not very easy for me to communicate with people. I have a couple of friends but when I say a couple I mean two haha. I would like to meet some more people and make some connections. If anyone living in Alanya or around there would like to meet that would be gravy.

Cheers.

Hello Karram,

Welcome on board !

Hope you find some like-minded people on the forum.

Do you have colleagues maybe ?

Regards

Bhavna

Colleagues in Alanya, no actually I am managing a couple of apartments and a villa over here so its solo work.

My wife speaks Russian (helps quite a bit in Mahmutlar), but  honestly English is fine (German helps as well). We live in Mahmutlar and I have to say English is fine enough (even in supermarkets staff speaks English).

If you need contacts (I do not need, but that is another topic) go to restaurants, hairdressers (I do not like tourist places though) go to the beach, go to your bank, .... People will contact you right and there, some you can trust, others not (many people are in the situation as you are (no contacts), I am sure your real estate agent will be able to help if you ask.

@cdw057 If needed just talk to others (we have been approached far too often), YouTubers can also give links I am sure, gettogethers etc. (I do not like these, but for contacts it might be useful)

I like my quiet life avoiding FRIENDS to ask for this or that, but some are good (but very often focussed (animals, vegan, anti-smoking, anti drinking, even turtles protection)

Please be careful, but some san be good

for Mahmutlar vlogs/blogs I like (contacts are there)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDtSbQRPwSs&t=95s

in German

probably 10 or even more channels (but they want something)

just a channel I hate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvEGUZ0SCAM&t=428s