Formalities to bring your pet in Bangladesh

Hi all,

What are the formalities and paperwork required to bring your pet in Bangladesh?

How long do formalities & paperwork usually take in Bangladesh?

What are the relevant authorities to contact?

Which vaccines are compulsory? Do your pets have to go in quarantine at their arrival in Bangladesh?

Which advice would you give to the ones who would like to move with a dog, a cat or any other pet?

Thanks in advance for participating :)

Hi,

It is not easy if you do not know Bangladesh and do not speak Bangla to do alone the formalities to import your cat or dog.

It was quite difficult for us to get the correct information.

You need to have a autorisation to import your pet delivered by the Department of Livestock Services. To get this autorisation you have to submit the vaccine certificate (rabbies required) and a health certificate. I strongly recommend you to liaise with Homebound Bangladesh. They helped me to do all the paper work in Dhaka and collected my cat at the airport (custom clearance).

Paper work can take one to two months in Bangladesh.

Hi monamundi,

Thank you for this information. :)

Hi Monamundi

I will be posted in Dhaka, Bangladesh on 1st week of August 2014.  I need to know how long it takes for you to get the Import Permit for your pet from the Bangladeshi Authority? I would like to bring my pet to Dhaka, Bangladesh as well.
Thank you.

Hello Zara Edae and Welcome on Board!

Just to inform you that is quite an old thread. I kindly invite you to create a new one so as to increase your chance of interaction with your post on the Bangladesh Forum

Regards

Kenjee