Need Help: Visa Run Bus; Vinh to Cau Treo & Return

Please can anyone advise me on how to get a bus from Vinh to Cau Treo? I am really struggling to find anyone in the city who can help me book a return bus

Please can anyone advise me on how to get a bus from Vinh to Cau Treo? I am really struggling to find anyone in the city who can help me book a return bus
-@jchute93

Since I'm assuming you've been there at least almost 30 days and might be strictly a tourist, your best option is probably to ask one of the good Vietnamese friends you've made since you've been there.

Or, if no friends yet, then ask your landlord or hotel/motel staff to help you.

Since hardly anyone stays in Vinh on a tourist visa except to teach (legally or illegally), IF you are working your employer should be able to help you return for more work.

If you've traveled to Vinh to meet a Vietnamese person, certainly they should be able to assist you.

Do you fit into one of those three categories?

Since I highly doubt there is a regular agent-sponsored visa run on round trip buses from there, you may be stuck with hiring a private driver to make the round trip.

Good luck!

FYI, in addition to a previous suggestion I made about taking the train to Danang, you can also take the train to Đông Hà (Google maps link), catch a taxi and meet a Lynn Visa bus at a truckstop not too far from there where you could do a round trip to Lao Bao and return to take the train back to Vinh.

Good luck!

A note to the casual reader:

it's usually best to figure out your evisa run when you are first deciding where you will be when your visa expires.

Visa runs are really easy from some locations and extremely difficult from other places.

Hello everyone,

Please note that this thread is now in the Vinh forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team