Relocation to Greece from the UK

@Julien  Thank you, Julien.

I'm a 68 year old widowed American and naturalised Brit living in the UK. As I have dual citizenship, I'm wondering which passport might make my relocation to Greece easier or will it not make any difference?

I'm in the process of renewing my leasehold so that I can sell my flat and move to Greece to fulfil my lifelong dream of becoming a full-time beach potato. I'm looking at the Peloponnese as I want to be near healthcare as it's that time in my life.

of course, I want it all yesterday. Thanks for having me.

Just the basics, you don't want the whole story! 😁

Likely no difference - be prepared for a lot of hassle and get expert local help form someone you can trust - a good lawyer - notary - solicitor - import agent - financial expert are all needed if you want to cover most things (tax ID-  residency - health insurance etc…I am a Brit that moved to Greece under a green card and speak the language so if I can help in any way just ping me - and good luck - all the hassles will be worth it as it's a brilliant country to retire to :-)

Hello Pam,

Welcome to expat.com!

For more exposure on the forum, your post has been moved to create a new thread.

I hope that you will benefit from the insights of other members soon1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Thank you very much! 😊

Agree that whether US or UK passport, the process will be the same. After the sale of your home will you be in a financial position to be able to become a resident under the Golden Visa program? The minimum purchase was €250K and still remains so at the present time. However the Greek government voted to increase the minimum purchase to €500K last September but as yet have not ratified the decision as far as I am aware - please do correct me if I'm wrong on this point!

You will need to appoint a Greek lawyer and you will need to find a Greek speaking notary in the UK who can translate documents for the house purchase.