Jobs in Paphos

Hi all, I'm moving to Paphos at the end of April and will be looking for work. I'm a Senior Health Care Assistant working in a Care Home and would like to know if there's any jobs there, or ANYTHING for that matter.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jacqui Flowers

Hello Jacqui Flowers,

Welcome on board !

Please create your CV in the Jobs in Paphos section of the website so that you may receive some offers.

You may also also read the Finding work in Cyprus article to gather some infos and tips.

All the best

Bhavna

It's not easy now.... Not impossible but not as easy as it usd to be ...as a Brit (unless Irish) you are immediately 3rd in the queue after Cypriots and EU nationals ...

Generally you need a skillset that Cyprus is in need of that any employer is prepared to ensure no Cypriot or EU national is available to do and is willing to apply for a work permit for you .... Further that you cannot work here legally immediately without residency that can take a very long time due to a backlog and limited appointments so you will need sufficient funds to live on. As you have no job you will likely arrive as a tourist on a tourist visa with no right to.work. I would suggest trying to get a post offer before you arrive or its going to be a fraught and frantic time. Bear in mind you are only visa free even as a tourist for max 90 days .. and no residency no work permit means no legal work. If lucky to achieve it all your professional qualifications will need to be checked for validity as they may not be recognised here so I would further suggest you check that too.

Hospitality has already been identified as a field of work where Cyprus is short of labour. So would suggest that as an option... I can't help you in the area of healthcare and care homes working but would suggest contacting local care homes and hospitals.

Wages here are low .. average minimum wage is €860 per month rising to €940 per month after 6 months...if you are lucky.   accommodation is expensive as are bills and groceries ... could easily take all of your wages .. working hours are long too ...

The current residency routes are limited frustrating to navigate and expensive

Not impossible ... Good luck.