How extensive are health checks when applying for a work visa?

I'm aware that like any other country, China requires prospective visa holders to pass a health check to ensure they are in overall good health.

My question is: how extensive is the process of having one's health checked in pursuit of a visa? Is it as simple as going for a physical and getting a clean health certificate, or is one's entire medical history (physical health, mental health, past medical procedures etc) taken into account, going all the way back to childhood? How rigorous is the process?

For full disclosure I want to say that my health is fine, but for curiosity's sake I want to know what to expect should I ever attempt a move to China. Thanks in advance.

A simple one will be OK, but complete. No need of your childhood. It's to be from a hopital/medical institution approved by local gov in your country, otherwise you'll have to do it again within China as required by China Customs.

Better to do at entry or exit medical institutions in China . They do all checks in 45 min . All at same place . Abroad you have to do it at many locations . They do check if heart, lungs , ultrasound, blood and normal checks .   Nothing out of the ordinary