Moving to ho chi minh for a month

hello,

i was wondering if anyone could help me?

my partner and i do a fly in and fly out job and want to live in ho chi minh a month at a time.

is there one bedroom apartments that we could rent for one month at a time?. we were thinking around 13 million around district one or three near the airport.

is it easy for Australians to get work in Ho chi minh?

thank you

Try Nikko hotel or Norfolk Mansion

both have apartments

I have stayed at both

cost maybe $2400-$3000 usd month

we were thinking around 13 million around district one or three near the airport. -@paj1ney

Try Nikko hotel or Norfolk Mansion both have apartments. I have stayed at both cost maybe $2400-$3000 usd month -@Hooked

Oh yeah, that's within their price range... 😜

Hello paj1ney,

Welcome to expat.com!

You can check the Housing in Ho Chi Minh City section. You might find something that you like there1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hey OB

I missed the clue on their price range!

just like when someone ask you cost

in Vietnam   

I think it all relates to how hard you worked in the first 2/3  of your life.

but  I really don't like to advise anyone so I will be silent.

i really appreciate all the feedback and would really like some help because we really want to make the move. Thank you

@Yoginee thank you yes I have been looking

my partner and i do a fly in and fly out job and want to live in ho chi minh a month at a time.

Because you also asked about employment, are you saying that will be a second job in addition to something you are already doing ("fly in and fly out job")?

Asking because your visa status impacts the answers you will receive.

is there one bedroom apartments that we could rent for one month at a time?. we were thinking around 13 million around district one or three near the airport.

People in the city currently can talk more about price ranges.

in general though there are both Airbnb and "hotel-apartment" rooms that might meet your needs, especially if you are willing to stay in a studio apartment.

You'll probably get more replies if you can be more specific about your needs & desires.

Is it easy for Australians to get work in Ho chi minh?-@paj1ney

Unless you qualify as an expert and can be certified as such by the government, no, it's not easy at all.

If my assumption is correct that you will be entering on a 30 day tourist eVisa, any "work" you do will be illegal.

Unless you have other plans ahead of time, it's likely you won't be able to get employment and you would definitely have to leave the country at the end of 30 days and reenter on a brand new Visa if you want to stay longer.

Hey OB
I missed the clue on their price range!
just like when someone ask you cost
in Vietnam 
I think it all relates to how hard you worked in the first 2/3 of your life.
but I really don't like to advise anyone so I will be silent.
-@Hooked

I hope not.

Your contributions are always welcome, at least, by me.

Even though you are richer than God...

😉😉😉

@OceanBeach92107

thank you that was so informative. Well I'm just weighing out my options if I don't come back to Australia. But I think we will still keep our jobs and just enter with a tourist visa. We will be staying a few more time to decide where we want to stay and see how it goes. Life's too short to not experience and see new things.

@OceanBeach92107
thank you that was so informative. Well I'm just weighing out my options if I don't come back to Australia. But I think we will still keep our jobs and just enter with a tourist visa. We will be staying a few more time to decide where we want to stay and see how it goes. Life's too short to not experience and see new things.
-@paj1ney

By all means, if you can swing it to be here legally and put up with the 30-day visas, more power to you.

Most of us totally understand the desire to spend time here.

Just making sure that you're fully informed as you're making your decision.

Cheers!

@OceanBeach92107 thank you 😊

@OceanBeach92107 thank you 😊
-@paj1ney

Không có gì, paj1ney 😌