Citizenship by descent

Hi, I got my citizenship via the London consulate but asking this on behalf of a relative.

I'm pretty sure registering life documents and passport application can either be done at a consulate, by appointment, or in Malta by drop in.  What about citizenship application? Can that also be done in Malta and does it require an appointment to go in with all the documentation and forms? Anyone know?

TIA

You can apply for citizenship by descent at Identity Malta in Valletta. That's what my mother and I did some years ago. I don't remember if I had to make an appointment, though. I feel like maybe I just walked in and waited? I remember the person letting me in at the door previewed our documentation and said, "Oh, you can't apply because x or y" and I had to be forceful and say, "That's not how this works. Just let me speak with someone inside" and she let me through. Then the woman who helped me inside was very pleasant, very efficient, told me to go make some copies and come back. Then it was scribble scribble stamp stamp take a credit card and bam we were done. I'm from the U.S. (live in Washington, D.C.), so I was able to pick up our citizenship certificates at the embassy. I think it took around six months to get there. Later I went to apply for a passport at the office in Malta. After some hassles, I applied on the last day of my holiday and paid extra for delivery to the embassy in Washington. It got there in under a week! I was astounded and am very happy now.