Minimum financial wherewithal for permanent residence in Belize?

1) How much income per month MINIMUM is needed to show financial stability for permanent residence application in Belize?

2) And with respect to (1) above, can it be in CANADIAN dollars?

Thank you kindly

Carl K

1) How much income per month MINIMUM is needed to show financial stability for permanent residence application in Belize?

Thank you kindly
Carl K
-@tcinbz

Only QRP requires a set amount of funds.

Permanent Residency does not.

Immigration will want to see how you'll support yourself. They will ask for bank statements. 

They might also ask for proof of where the funds are coming from and how they are transferred to Belize.

Thank you, Brigitte, for the most PROMPT clarification!!

@tcinbz You're welcome!

Depending on the officer, they might refer to the QRP's number of USD $2000/month as a guideline. What Belize officials say can and will vary by office, officer, day of the week... You would certainly be approved with that number from a reliable income source. In reality, a single person can live here for as little as half that amount.

Thank you kindly
Carl K
-@tcinbz

The other responders are correct.

Ill just add that folks I have chatted with and folks on QRP posting on here in the past point out that they do NOT consider income accounts that YOU control valid for the QRP $2,000 USD/month. Things like 401K accounts, stock brokerage accounts, savings accounts, rental income, your own business income. They prefer you show Pensions, Social Security, Annuities ETC.

You will have to show this info each time you go to Belize immigration to extend your visitors permit, and as previously said, each officer might have different variations on what they accept each time you go...

CANADIAN dollars are fine, they just use the USD as a reference. BTW that $2,000/month is for a family.

@elgordo42

ElGordo42

Thank you kindly for the added insight!!

The $2K/mo number seems to be the accepted threshold... and a safe assumption to go with.

I have confirmed with the QRP agent that the $2K can be in Canadian funds... ie does not need to be in USD... which is somewhat surprising but has been confirmed.

Kindest regards El Gordo...

PS. funny enough my brother goes by the Alias El Gordo as well

@Aerodex

Thank you Aerodex

I can confirm the $2K/mo ($24K/annum) can be in CAD... I contacted the QRP office when I was investigating the QRP route

Kindest regards Aerodex!!