New members of the Ghana forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ghana forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ghana if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi Everyone

My name is Kimberly

I'm a Canadian citizen looking to move to ghana as  I was present in lagos for 2.5 months I'm seriously missing Africa. I'm looking for an opportunity to work in this beautiful country. Aswell be with my husband

Hi @Kim Olmstead , I'm in Ghana, and whenever you intend coming to Ghana, you can reach me up or send in a mail here if you're stuck or need guidance [link moderated]

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the open forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board !

@ Kim should you need any infos, feel free to open a new thread on the Ghana forum so that we can guide you.

All the very best

Bhavna

@Bhavnay

My name is Khalifah, I wish to move to Ghana and I need a guide through I will be glade if you can be of help to me

@Kim Olmstead am Khalifah I am looking forward to move to Ghana and I can see you have intention to to do the same it will be my honor if our trip can be together

Thank you in anticipation

Can I have ur number

Hello obianujuoluchukwu9,

Please note that such information should not be posted on a public forum for security reasons.

Any specific reasons why you need the person's contact details?

Should you have questions, kindly ask them on the forum itself.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi everyone

My name is Nizar

I have been here in Ghana for 2 months .

I am from Lebanon and am looking for a job here as an accountant or any administrative job

Thank u

@nizara

hdab please send process

@Guest9764 I am from Bangladesh, I want move to Canada 🇨🇦 please process details send.

Here you can find information on Ghana

@Julien

Greetings

This is Kenneth Shami Nigli from India.

I am looking out for a challenging job in a well-reputed and competitive organization to enhance my existing skills. I have 27+ years of experience in sales, procuring, marketing, and operations which include managing the operations process, planning, control, performance improvement, and operations strategy.

If you are looking out for an efficient and hard-working person, kindly check my resume and let me know about the openings that are available as it would be of great help.

Regards

Kenneth Nigli

Hello Kenneth Nigli,

Welcome on board !

Make sure you create your resume in the Jobs in Ghana section of the website so that potential employers might have a look.

All the best

Bhavna

@Guest9764 nice , I'm a professional cyclist, I race and also train kids and adults. In case you love cycling and want to explore some part of Ghana with bike, just hit me up on ******** or via WhatsApp.

Moderated by Yoginee last year
Reason : For security reasons, do not share phone numbers on the forum

Hello Emmanuel,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for introducing yourself!

Kindly note that Guest9764 is a deleted profile. However, feel free to add an advert in the Ghana classifieds>  Activities> Sports partner. Interested members will contact you.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hello Everyone,

This is Arun traveler  from Tamilnadu.

I am a blogger and in Ghana to shoot some good content for my upcoming youtube channel.

looking for fellow travelers here or a guide to help me understand the terrain .

would appreciate feedback from you guys .

Regards

Arun 

@marcosarunkumar  i've recently visited ghana two time. i met a nice guy that helped guide me. i'm going to give you his contact information.

pease give him a try. contact him

thanks

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you

@Julien Hello,

Not completely new - moved to Ghana a little over 1 year ago. The transition has been intense but don't regret it. Looking forward to some good connections here.

Hi Amaoneandonly,

Welcome on board !

I hope you find like minded members on the website. Did you move alone or with your family ?

All the best

Bhavna

Hi everyone,

I am planning to retire, at least part of the time, in Ghana in the next 7 or 8 years. My partner is Ghanaian, living and working in Ghana while I remain in Europe for work. He is a workaholic who will probably never retire, so I will move to him when I retire.

My main interests for the forum are how to go about gaining residency as a foreign spouse (we hope to marry soon), taxes on foreign pensions and buying property.

And yes, I do know what he looks like, we have met before... I get asked this every time I arrive at the airport in Accra 1f923.svg

Jenny

Hi

You can get residency by applying for a resident's permit when you arrive. You will be entitled to it as a spouse but you won't be able to work.

I get a foreign pension and recently it has been paid into my Ghanaian account. I haven't paid taxes on it but the Ghana Gov is broke so it might be taxed one day.

My Ghanaian husband and I bought property 13 years ago without any problems. If you buy property alone then you will only get 50 years lease, Ghanaians get 99.

No regrets about retiring to Ghana but do your homework and don't be too trusting.

Good luck

@hkann Thanks so much for the information, this is great. I have been coming to Ghana for years so it shouldn't be too much of a shock for me, but will still need some adjustment time. The biggest problem I have is how much I have to rely on my partner to help me navigate systems.

Hi there! My name is Doris and I'm originally from the Democratic Republic of Congo, but I've been living in Ghana for quite some time now. I'm fluent in English, French and Lingala. I recently stumbled upon this forum while looking to sell a car. I'm excited to be here and learn more about this community1f60a.svg

Hello.

My name is Mohammed Shamshuddin, a staff of FAO of the United Nations. I moved to Accra last year; I'm happy to be here, and to be part of this expat forum.

I'm quite settled in Accra but looking for a Diplomatic car to buy. My preference is a SUV.

Kind regards,

Shamsuddin

Hello @dorisbaruti,

I'm interested in your car; however, I have a few questions:

• what is the brand name of the car, ex. Toyota?
  • in which year was the car made?
  • what is the model name of the car, ex RAV 4?
  • what is the kilometer reading of the car?

thanks; I would like to talk to you about it.

kind regards

Shamsuddin

Hello Mohammed Shamsuddin,

Welcome on board !

Please note that this thread is only meant for the introduction of New Members. Should you want to ask a more personal question to a member, please send them a private message by clicking on their username > choose send a message option.

In regards to your search, you may also have a look at the ads posted under the Cars for sale in Accra section or post your own "looking for" advert.

All the best

Bhavna

Greetings from Durham NC . Planning to make my move to CAPE COAST area within the next year. Spent time in Ghana 2021 and 2022.  Looking for other folks relocating.

@Mohammed Shamsuddin

Thanks,

Daniel

Moderated by Bhavna 10 months ago
Reason : Please drop your advert in the classifieds

Dear Daniel, I read your message about sell of a Toyota fortuner car. I'm interested to buy. Has it got a diplomatic number plate! I'm eligible for tax exemption. Would like to call you tomorrow, hope it's ok with you. Have a good evening. Kind regards, Shamsuddin

Hello everyone,

@ Mohammed Shamsuddin and Daniel,

i would invite you to continue this conversation in private (private messaging accessible by clicking on the username of members).

This this is only meant for the introduction of new members.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello everyone

My name is Henry,i moved to Ghana a few weeks ago from Zimbabwe.i work for a company which supplies industrial chemicals in the mining sector and  food and beverage.

I will greatly appreciate any customer referals or contacts from this platform  that can help expand visiblity in the market.

@Julien thanks sir I'm a citizen of ghana i worked as a tipper truck driver supplier of building materials to contractor  we supply sand,graves,stones,(chippings),river sand ,dust etc for all projects.so pls sir if u ve any project that is about to go on or even starter already and u need all this materials pls u can contact .Thanks

Hello all,

My wife (Ghanaian) and I (Dutch) emigrated to Ghana in September 2022, retiring early.

We met in 1994 in The Netherlands and are living together since 1995.

We got married in 2023 (in March under Ghana Civil Law, and in August in the traditional Ghanaian way). Because of our marriage I got a residence permit that is valid for the duration of one year. I was told that my next residence permit will be valid for a longer period (something like three years).

During our first year in Ghana we have spent a lot of time and effort in finishing/upgrading our house in Ghana. We are glad that that is behind us now (no more noise and dust...).

I am looking forward to exchanging tips with other forum members about living in Ghana.

Greetings,

Robert

Hello and welcome on board, Robert !

Glad you joined Expat.com !

Feel free to have a look at the existing threads of the Ghana forum to know more about our members.

All the best

Bhavna

Congrats on your move and I'm sure you will enjoy living here. I have been here with my Ghanaian husband for the past 13 years so will be glad to answer any of your questions.

There is also an organisation - ISAG - for the Spouses of Ghanaians which you might find useful.

After 5 years you can get an indefinite visa which makes life easier.

Please feel free to contact me

Thank you.

I have just sent ISAG a request to become a member. Nice to know I can contact you.

Greetings,

Robert

@Robert Gr.thank you Robert, my name is Eunice and am a Ghanaian living in the city of Accra for the past 20years. am an Earlychildhood teacher and i also do home services which are child care, adult care, clearning,  shopping and cooking. i work hard to expectations and so am available to be recommended

@Eunashmernash

Hello,

Please note that if you are looking for a job, you should refer to the Jobs in Ghana section of the website by creating your CV.

Thank you

Bhavna

To help you make a decision you need to ask more specific questions about cost of living, safety issues etc so that people know what advice to give you

Closed