New members of the Qatar forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Qatar forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Qatar if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

@Julien Hi, Never been in this webs and don't know my way around, my friend told me about expat.com as apparently here are opportunities to find job as a contractor and full time. Can you tell me how to start the search and gather the information? I have my CV up to date.

Thank you

@Julien Hi, Never been in this webs and don't know my way around, my friend told me about expat.com as apparently here are opportunities to find job as a contractor and full time. Can you tell me how to start the search and gather the information? I have my CV up to date.
Thank you
-@F F18

Expat.com can't help you find a job as such, but you can upload your CV for free HERE.

Members commonly help with immigration advice and other details about living in a new country, but the forum doesn't act as an employment agency.

@Julien HI Julien my name is Edward I'm from the Dominican Republic; looking to start a new life somewhere.  Qatar seems very interesting....I'm planing on traveling there very soon to see how is it first any insights?

Hello Edward,

Welcome on board !

Julien is the founder of Expat.com and this is his welcome post, he is not in Qatar.

Anyway, I have responded to your post on the forum. Will be glad to guide you.

All the very best

Bhavna

Hi All, my name is Naveen and I'm moving to Qatar early next month. I'm based in Kuala Lumpur currently.

I'm Looking forward to getting insights and views of those already in Qatar regarding some aspects

Thanks in advance for your support

HI Naveen Welcome on Expat board Qatar 1f642.svg

Thanks Wilson.

I'm looking to get some feedback about Doha British School, Ain Khaled campus for enrolling my son in Year 9 in this upcoming academic year 2023-2024. Any suggestions (pros and cons) about the school is appreciated

Hi Naveen, please I would like to know how long your visa took and when you applied..I've been waiting on mine and I've applied early March

Hello Stallin,

Welcome to expat.com!

Feel free to start a new thread on theQatar forum to ask all your questions.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi, I'm currently waiting on my work visa and I've been waiting for more then a month now.would just like more insights on that.

@Stallin Steenkamp

i did my QVC formalities in chennai, India and it took me only 2 days to get the visa

Iam Kalisto a PE teacher wishing to relocate to Qatar.Would want some help to get the teaching posts in Qatar

@tavengerweikalisto92 Try posting your CV in Qatar Jobs Section

I am Hasna, im from Morocco. I work as a nurse in the public health sector. For three years, I work with a human conscience and I love my profession with great love. I also love reading and news, cooking, swimming, and the world of informatics.

Hello Tab Aghmara,

Welcome to Expat.com1f601.svg

Anything special you would like to find here?

Feel free to ask your questions so that we know how to assist you.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi,

my name is Harald and I am starting to work in Doha from September onwards. I am Dutch and eager to get to know other expats living in Doha. You can reach me on ***

Moderated by Cheryl 9 months ago
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@naveen2816 If you have any experience with the school please let me know. I am looking at those options for my son and daughter too.

Yassine , Algerian working for local Qatari insurance company. Thank you for accepting me within your community.

@naveen2816 well i would love to help for any issue or matter in qatar you can call me whenever come

@Julien I find Qatar to be a pleasant and peaceful location. The people are warm and welcoming, and they value their traditions. The introduction of the metro train and the metro link on the roads of Qatar has made it very simple for visitors to travel within the country at a low cost.

Hi Everyone, ;)

I am new to this very useful forum but i am following insights for a fairly long time. I would like to learn and discuss more about transformation prospects across Qatar and GCC, medical fitness tests , work/residence permit, networking with other expats, information technology and data ecosystem for mutual value .

Thank you @Julien, @Wilson for allowing me to be the part of the community - Abdul

@expatriateguy1 Hello and welcome on board  !

Please note that Julien is the founder of the website. He is not in Qatar.

Wilson is the Qatar Expert and can help you.

Still, I would suggest that you read the Living in Qatar guide for expats for first-hand infos. If you have questions, feel free to open your own topic on the Qatar forum.

I can see that you have already posted one of your questions on the following thread (very good initiative) : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 21#5750989

Hope it will get you some responses.

Bhavna

Hi I'm new in this forum my name is  nina algerian pediatrics  doctor i love this country  i hope that you can help me to find  job in quatar  in the public hospital

thanks to accept me

@ybelkebitr Hello and welcome

We are not a recruitment agency, We can only advise that you contact a few hospitals and offer them your candidacy. You may also create your CV in the Job offers in Qatar section.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien

Richard, British and just arrived a week ago. New and just arrived a week ago. I have worked around Asia and spent the majority of my life in the UAE.

This time i am solo and will be soon looking for the typical accommodation, furniture, car lease.

Currently in Doha but working oil & gas and its a heck of a travel time to work so possibly will look for some where outside Doha city. 

Is there an app for the forum?

@rsharples1

Hello and welcome !

We currently don't have any app as the website is mobile friendly.

I would suggest that you read the the Living in Qatar guide for expatsand create a new topic on the Qatar forum or Doha forum to seek advice from members.

All the best

Bhavna

@JulienDear Sir/ Ma'am,

I am a Registered Nurse from Nigeria  Despite being new in Qatar, I possess good knowledge of professional ethics in nursing practice  I am resident in Doha, and i currently processing my QCHP License, having passed Nursing Prometric Exams. I have valid QID, and my availability is immediate.

Thanks in anticipation of your positive and kind response.

Yours sincerely,

Onyenezie JaneFrancis Onyinyechi

I'm Zainab Muazu Abubakar by name, a Nigerian indigen, looking for a job as a registered nurse midwife with years of working experience.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1056097

Thanks!

Closed