Paying for visa

I have been advised that when i fly from laos to hannoi there will be a 35usd charge. As i am a brit this is expencive as i get far more dong per pound than the usd exchange rate can i pay in dong?

Hi cooper1203. Can you tell us where you learned of this $35 USD charge?

My understanding is that UK citizens, staying in VN for less than 15 days, are not charged for entry. You are entitled to a VN visa waiver, and require only your passport (valid for 6 months post entry date), and two blank pages therein.

I have been advised that when i fly from laos to hannoi there will be a 35usd charge. As i am a brit this is expencive as i get far more dong per pound than the usd exchange rate can i pay in dong?
-@cooper1203

Now your profile says you are Vietnamese.

Do you have a British passport?

-@cooper1203

$35 = £29

@OceanBeach92107 yes because it was the only way i was able to sign up I am british wantiong to vist vietnam

@SimCityAT

£29 = 824,085 vnd

$35 = 826,606 vnd

difference of 2,521 vnd i realise this is a small amount of money but when coupled with bank charges etc it all adds up expecialy when buying more expencive things.

@OceanBeach92107 yes because it was the only way i was able to sign up I am british wantiong to vist vietnam
-@cooper1203

edit to add i seem to be haveing issues with the forum as the only way i can start a new topic is to sign out then the start new topic button is visable and can sign in on posting

-@cooper1203

Hi cooper1203. Can you tell us where you learned of this $35 USD charge?
My understanding is that UK citizens, staying in VN for less than 15 days, are not charged for entry. You are entitled to a VN visa waiver, and require only your passport (valid for 6 months post entry date), and two blank pages therein.
-@Aidan in HCMC

Can you tell us where you learned of this $35 USD charge?

@Aidan in HCMC

sorry i messed up its not into vietnam its out of vietnam into cambodia. sorry for the confustion

@Aidan in HCMC
sorry i messed up its not into vietnam its out of vietnam into cambodia. sorry for the confustion
-@cooper1203

Ahh, okay. No problem.

Reports are that Cambodian border officers will indeed accept VND, but don't expect to save any money by paying that way.

Expats in VN have been reporting 1 million VND, on average, for a Cambodia VOA (visa on arrival) when paying in Dong.

Best to visit the C̲a̲m̲b̲o̲d̲i̲a̲ ̲f̲o̲r̲u̲m̲  (link), and post a new topic there (bright orange banner "Post new topic" to your left when you open that link) for up-to-date info on entering Cambodia.

@Aidan in HCMC
-@cooper1203

$30 to $35 USD is the normal Visa fee for entering Cambodia