Vietnam internal flights/visa

Hi all, Not sure if i am doing this right so please move/delete if in the wrong place!!

I am flying into Vietnam (Hannoi) from laos with an organised tour.  I then leave Vietnam from Ho Chi Minh on a bus into Cambodia on another organised tour 14 days later.  The time inbetween i have organised one way flights from Hannoi to Da Nang, Da Namg to Nah Trang and Nah Trang to Ho Chi Minh.  The carriers are vietair for the first and last leg and vietnam airways for the middle leg

On the booking conformation there is a note that says "You will enter Vietnam(Da Nang), Vietnam(Nah Trang) and Vietnam(Ho Chi Minh) as if they were your final destinations.

I did try and contact the Vietnam embassy in London but the only option was E-Mail and after a week got a  1 line responce back saying that all were internal flights as each city was with in Vietnam.

Have i messed up here and booked the wrong flights or is something fishy with the information?  Do i need to get a multi entry visa or rebook the flghts somehow?

Hi, does the following answer your question?

"For trips less than 15 days, citizens of the United Kingdom can enter Vietnam without a visa. Upon their arrival, visa requirements state that a British traveler must have their UK passport on hand, and their passport must be valid for six months after their arrival date."

I am not sure I understand what your question is. In any case, if it's an organized tour, they should assist you with anything, correct?

Hi all, Not sure if i am doing this right so please move/delete if in the wrong place!!
I am flying into Vietnam (Hannoi) from laos with an organised tour. I then leave Vietnam from Ho Chi Minh on a bus into Cambodia on another organised tour 14 days later. The time inbetween i have organised one way flights from Hannoi to Da Nang, Da Namg to Nah Trang and Nah Trang to Ho Chi Minh. The carriers are vietair for the first and last leg and vietnam airways for the middle leg

On the booking conformation there is a note that says "You will enter Vietnam(Da Nang), Vietnam(Nah Trang) and Vietnam(Ho Chi Minh) as if they were your final destinations.

I did try and contact the Vietnam embassy in London but the only option was E-Mail and after a week got a 1 line responce back saying that all were internal flights as each city was with in Vietnam.

Have i messed up here and booked the wrong flights or is something fishy with the information? Do i need to get a multi entry visa or rebook the flghts somehow?
-@cooper1203

Re: the "booking confirmation"

Did you use a travel/tour agency to make those flight bookings?

If so, it's almost certainly automatically generated text normally intended for people flying into those cities from outside Vietnam, either directly or via a final connection.

HOWEVER, since it sounds as if you have a sponsored TOURIST VISA (not an eVisa) through an authorized tour agency, those designations may be necessary in order to avoid any problems inside Vietnam with anyone checking your documents to see if your itinerary meets immigration requirements.

Best to contact whomever issued you the tickets to get clarification.

it also sounds as if you should probably avoid presenting multiple tickets when your documents are requested.

It might cause more confusion when answering the question, "where are you going?" by mentioning every flight you will be taking within Vietnam.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

O.B.

As i said its an organised tour into vietnam and an organised tour out of vietnam however i have sometime inbetween tours so slowly making my way down from hannoi to ho chi minh organised by myself. 

the way i read the message on the booking conformation is that at each stop is considered an exit from vietnam.  If this is right then how do i get flights that arnt considered an exit point or if i cant do i have to get a multi entry visa because if i have exited the county at da nang for example i need to reenter the country for my stay there.

what i dont want is to be stuck airside or stuck at an airport because i havent got the correct visa or plane ticket

@OceanBeach92107 Thanks for your responce.  I am entering vietnam (hannoi) on visa waver as i am not going to be in the country more than 15 days (12 to be exact).  The flights were booked with sky scanner/kiwi (i know you get what you pay for)

Im worried that when i board a plane they are going to stamp my passport with an exit stamp.

@OceanBeach92107 Thanks for your responce. I am entering vietnam (hannoi) on visa waver as i am not going to be in the country more than 15 days (12 to be exact). The flights were booked with sky scanner/kiwi (i know you get what you pay for)
Im worried that when i board a plane they are going to stamp my passport with an exit stamp.
-@cooper1203

Based on what you've posted, and also based on having taken many, many domestic flights within Vietnam, I don't see that as a possibility at all.

HOWEVER, since you clarified that you are entering the country on a Visa exemption, you are much more likely to be asked about proof of ongoing travel leaving Vietnam within the allowed time frame of your Visa exemption.

So just be prepared to present the documentation for the trip/tour that will eventually have you leaving Vietnam.

I highly doubt that you'll be asked for it because it's normally only required when a person first arrives in country.

You don't necessarily need to show proof of how you are going to travel from one destination in Vietnam to the city where you will depart Vietnam, so that's why I'm saying it might just be confusing to present all of your tickets.

Treat each flight as a separate trip and be prepared to prove your exit plan and you shouldn't have any problem.

@OceanBeach92107

Thanks muchly, Thats a great comfort thank you.  I was paniking i had screwed up

You are flying within Viet Nam, it wont be deemed as an exit as you arent leaving VN. Your visa exemption is for 15 - days, therefore, you can stay within VN borders for that time.

@cooper1203

Hi cooper1203, and welcome to expat.com!

As OceanBeach92107 and Colinoscapee have stated, you'll have no issue flying on domestic routes after you have cleared Customs/Immigration upon your arrival in Vietnam.

Do not be surprised however, as it is standard operating procedure in Vietnam, when you are asked to provide your passport at the domestic check-in counter(s) where you will receive your boarding pass(es), and again at the boarding gate for your domestic flight(s). It is only to confirm identity, and will not result in any stamp(s) in your passport.

Good luck, and when you have time, please let us know how you fared. We would certainly appreciate it, and your feedback/tips/observations would help others with similar concerns.

@cooper1203

Cooper, your one way flights from Hanoi to Da Nang, Nha Trang, and finally to Ho Chi Minh City (aka: Saigon) are all in the country of Vietnam, so you don't need additional visa entry for those areas of Vietnam. Hope that answers your question:)