Meds from uk

I recall seeing a post on the ban but was wondering if anyone had continued to have meds posted over? Is there a fine and has anything been confiscated? I visited the pharmacy 2day to see if the other half's hormone meds were prescription only here and we were told they are not available in Cyprus at all 🤔

Is there not an alternative medication available .. did you ask if they have an alternative

Wow

The Cyprus Post have recently announced that as of 2 January 2023, the receipt of postal items from countries that are not member states of the European Union (including the United Kingdom) that contain medicinal products will not be allowed and consequently, will not be released to their recipients.

This includes postal items delivered at the Postal Services as well as private couriers.

In addition, that as of the aforementioned date, the Pharmaceutical Services will terminate the inspection of postal items from countries that are not member states of the European Union (including the United Kingdom).

Affected citizens are urged to notify their physicians in order to arrange for the provision of the required medicinal therapy.

For more information you may contact the Pharmaceutical Services at the number 22608696 or at the email [email protected].

Seems a bit drastic.

It doesn't apply to vitamins and supplements...

It doesn't apply to vitamins and supplements...
-@Toon

That's a "glass half full" view if ever I heard one..... 😜

That's ok as I need a glass half full to take mine lol

@Toon Ba Dum Tss!   1f601.svg

Has anyone tried sending meds over just to see if they are confiscated?

Many meds here are cheaper ..it all depends what you need... Check with the pharmacies

You could always try it .....

I found that drugs that are prescription only in the UK were available over the counter but I am not sure if this was legal or not as some of the drugs are opiate based. The hormone patches are not available but the pharmacist said use pills or gel.  Not tried to by these as the supply arrived from the UK by family courier lol

The usual method lol

Remember customs X-Ray packages and they can open them. So if the destruction on the packaging is incorrect a could chance they will be destroyed.