Newbie to the Belize forum

Hi all!  My husband and I are currently in Galveston Tx. researching the benefits of moving full time to Belize. We retired 5 years ago and built a house at our current location, but it's so expensive and we want to live a simpler life in Belize. We have only been to Ambergris Caye recently, 12-1-22, to get a feel for things and unfortunately stayed at Sapphire Beach, which was beautiful, but about 9 miles from SP and WAY to remote for us! We like the closer in areas near the bridge, but for medical reasons, we're old, might want to check into Corozal instead. We are looking for an active expat community, with a beach, and options for medical professionals. We'll be planning another trip soon. I think CC would be the same, as far as lack of medical, so probably wouldn't be good for us either...those in the know, or even it you're not, please jump in with comments and suggestions! TIA!

Cyndy and Roger Cassaday

Hello Cyndy And Roger,

Welcome on board !

hope members will reach out soon.

All the very best,

Bhavna

Well, I'm no expert on the level of medical available in Corozal, as I live in the Cayo District, but I do think the water is beautiful there, and there is a notable ex-pat community there. Also, Corozal is fairly close to Mexico, where you can find better medical care than you would ever find in Belize. I'd suggest you spend some time there prior to making any decisions to see how you like it. I believe it's generally a nice quiet little town.

if you still believe in orthodox medicine

it's maybe better to stay where you are

@zerotron

There are nice shoreline areas, but no sand beaches from what I saw, and others have reported.

if you still believe in orthodox medicine
it's maybe better to stay where you are
-@triffic

Depending on the treatment and frequency needed, I agree with you.

In my case, I normaly need EDTA Chelation monthly. But have found I can get away with getting several treatments in advance, staying 3-4 months, then several more closely spaced treatments when back in the USA. So for the last six years, have come down to my Place in Placencia 2-3 times a year for about 6 months total in each of Texas and Belize. Since one can only be out of Belize for a total of 14 days/year to qualify for residency I am just going to have to make the every 30day trip to Immigration.