Hello We Are A Canadian Couple coming To Entebbe, in January, 2023

Hello, we are a Canadian Couple that tries to help to improve the lives of orphans. We travel through Africa each year and we provide educational supplies to these kids, and we try to give them a chance at a better life.  We will be coming to Entebbe and we are interested in buying a small van to carry out our project.

Can anyone please tell me, what are the formalities to buy a vehicle in Uganda: car registration, insurance, etc.?

Can a foreigner buy a car with ease?

What is the rough cost of insurance?

What are the relevant authorities or organizations to contact?

How long does it take and what are the associated costs?

We will also be doing a project in Tanzania. Can I easily cross the border with this vehicle?

Thank you very much for any expertise you can offer!

Dean Sampano

what are the formalities to buy a vehicle in Uganda: car registration, insurance, etc.?
- There are used vehicles (which you are likely to find with insurance and registration done) and new vehicles (which you may need to register and insure)

Can a foreigner buy a car with ease?

- anyone can buy a car here with a lot of ease

What is the rough cost of insurance?

- third party insurance is not so costy

What are the relevant authorities or organizations to contact?

- uganda revenue authority (URA) incase there's need to buy a new vehicle and process everything

How long does it take and what are the associated costs?

- for used vehicles it's instant until you will want to transfer registration, which shouldn't take long. But for new vehicles, it could take a week at most

We will also be doing a project in Tanzania. Can I easily cross the border with this vehicle?

- yes, east african borders are open

Thank you very much for any expertise you can offer!

Dean Sampano
-@deansampano

Hello Lokee Victor,

Thank you for sharing all these information with us!1f60e.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@deansampano hey, give me a shout if you need a volunteer to help you when you start your project in January.

I don't mind doing some work for charity.

Trasy

Hello Sampano,  I'm Joy from Uganda but currently in Kenya.

I would like to let you know that there are many orphans in Northern and Northeastern part of Uganda as well.  please come .

@deansampano hi there… still interested in coming? Kindly update me

@deansampano

If you don't want to reinvent the wheel, I would be happy to put you in contact with some people and organizations engaged in these sorts of ministries already.  There is so much to do in Uganda in this regard and not just among actual orphans.  There are many kids on the street who may not be without parents, but are still living as defacto orphans.  My wife has taken 10 of these kids into our home, children of single mothers whose mom has traveled abroad to work and needed someone to care for their child.

@deansampano Hello my friend Sampano this is SsejobaFahd from i would like help you to answer questions you asked please. In Uganda to own a car is  something simple just if you have some documents like (  Passport or Nation Identity Card or even a seconder)  nothing much to own a car in Uganda. and  even you can use it to cross the of Tanzania as you wanted to know. third party is very cheap it can be cost of $19.81.  please we are welcome you Uganda the pearl of Africa may God protects you and your entire family.

yours faithfully

Ssejoba Fahd

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@GRamsey2. 

Hello good morning is that job still available pls

@nasirashakira7

Job?  As in employment? 

Everything I do in Uganda is as a volunteer.  But, yes, if you want to join me working as a volunteer in ministering to the hurting and abandoned of the country, the job is always open.  Happy to connect you with one, or more, different organizations engaged in making a difference.

@deansampano, hello dean family am Essie i would like to be friends am in Uganda

@essielina8

Am in Uganda Entebbe specifically if you need help don't hesitate contacting me. Thank you

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : Advertising
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@kafubenjoan

Am also in Uganda i just need help of my daughter in her studies

@essielina8

Hello, please note that this is an old thread. What kind of help are you looking for ?

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Thank you, i just need a sponsor of my daughter because i have a problem with her school fees please

@essielina8

unfortunately, this forum is not meant to look for sponsors. Maybe you an try looking on other websites.

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Do you know any so can connect me

@Bhavna
Do you know any so can connect me

-@essielina8

Google is your friend and may just find you a sponsor.