Hello from Montana, USA

Greetings All,

I am planning to visit Baku in 2024 and hopefully, long-term, relocate to Ganja, Azerbaijan.  I would like to learn about the best way to get an apartment in Ganja, grocery stores there, public transportation, and if there is an English-speaking expat community there.  I will learn Azerbaijani until I relocate but will need a lot of help with communication as I speak English and some Spanish only currently.  I've never been to Azerbaijan but from the videos I've seen, the people, history, and architecture of Ganja especially, has captured my heart and imagination!  I currently work as a librarian.

Thanks for any information you're willing to share about your experiences in Ganja, Baku and the rest of Azerbaijan!

Best regards,

Patricia

Hello ,Patricia.You are welcome to Azerbaijan.It is great country with great people about whom you will  meet while being in Ganja And Ganja is another beautiful place of our country Any guest who coming to Ganja would be huge fan of her/ his visit to this ancient place with friendly people I can assist you for resolution any questions related to your visit Welcome again and enjoy with your visit

@alizaminsadigov

Thank you for your kind reply, Aliza (is that your name?)!  I am very excited to visit Azerbaijan and especially Ganja.  Is it safe for a single woman to travel from Baku to Ganja on public transport or hired taxi?  Is there even public transport like a bus or train service between the two cities?  I saw in your profile that you are a physician in both Azerbaijan and Norway?  How wonderful for you to serve your country in that capacity! 

I have many more questions but will wait to hear back from you.

Kind regards,

Patricia

Hi and thanks a lot for the kind words about Azerbaijan,

As Alizamin mentioned we are sure you will have amazing time and experience here and yes there are lots of expats here and you will find lots of people from other countries which of course majority of them are English speakers.

About the safety of Azerbaijan I can assure you that it is one of the safest countries to travel even for a single person and crime rate is very low. Of course you can buy tickets online and travel by yourself to any major cities, like Ganja, with official bus and you will have no problem.

One more important thing is that ladies have special place in our culture and we are very respectful towards them.

Please do not hesitate to ask any question.

Hope to see you soon.

Best regards,

Farhad

How is your Ganja experience, Patricia? I am moving to Ganja soon!

@pdubosky76

Hi, i live in Virginia, USA and visited baku in mid August and going back soon. I didn't get chance to visit Ganja but i am sure it must be amazing city. Wish you all the best, i do have near future plan to settle there for my retirement. If we could meet in Azerbaijan it would be nice so we can have an American expat community there.

Rahman A Karim