Greek citizenship

friends, I'm from Georgia Tbilisi.by nationality I'm greek.my parents have written in there documents that they are Greeks.how can I take citizenship of Greece?

friends, I'm from Georgia Tbilisi.by nationality I'm [link under review] parents have written in there documents that they are Greeks.
how can I take citizenship of Greece?
-@david anastasiadis

Talk with the Embassy?

@SimCityAT

i never have asked in embassy but in Greek community they told me that I have to wait 10 years\

@david anastasiadis Good morning, I'm reporting the answer of a Greek lawyer: "To obtain Greek citizenship, one would need to take the state exams after a 3-year permanent stay in Greece. To sit the exams you must first learn the Greek language in addition to other requirements. The exams are quite difficult".

@Ninotchka53 If David has Greek parents and or Greek grandparents then he can apply on those grounds not waiting ten years,of course he must prove his relatives roots,birth places etc..which is not always easy to do.

@concertBut its all very doable with the help of a lawyer who knows the ropes

how much should I wait?

@david anastasiadis David your lawyer will advise you on the document proof of your parents birth identity such as the babtism papers.

@concertina

I'm going to do it without lawyer

@david anastasiadis OK,thats good then,save money I guess.

@concertina yes

@david anastasiadis Hello, Please see my reply to you in your other post. Thanks!!!