Is Teaching English in Malta worth it?

Hi everyone, i Know that maybe someone has already done this question years ago

I am a  certified TEFLTeacher, i live in Italy and i'd like to know if i'ts possibile  to live long term and round year in Malta teaching English or if it's just a way for short periods of the year, example during the Summer

i've heard that wages are not good and there aren't  many hours per week guaranteed out of summer

thanks

Lots of primarily english language schools here - private, international etc - you could work at one of them.

Many Maltese families would like their children to improve their English language capability so why not offer your services privately? Advertise and you will quickly learn how big the market is. Good luck.

Many Maltese families would like their children to improve their English language capability so why not offer your services privately? Advertise and you will quickly learn how big the market is. Good luck.
-@sjan

very nice advice, thank you

but do you mean part time in a school and rest of day by giving private lessons or do you mean only private lessons? i ask this because i don't know anything about taxes rules for working on your own in Malta, i am italian and still living in Italy, thanks

I am a certified TEFLTeacher, i live in Italy and i'd like to know if i'ts possibile to live long term and round year in Malta teaching English or if it's just a way for short periods of the year, example during the Summer

i've heard that wages are not good and there aren't many hours per week guaranteed out of summer

thanks
-@Silver81

Malta is just a hop away from Italy. Here we have people from many countries working over here. Years ago I attended a language course at EF School. There were teachers from Malta, Croatia, and the UK.

Therefore I see no obstacle for an Italian because many of the students come from Italy.

Of course, the wages are not as high as in the UK, but probably better than in Croatia. I recommend getting in contact with the many language schools we have over here. You will find them on page 835 on our yellow pages here in Malta. If you come by car I recommend Virtu ferries. After arrival do not forget to drive on the left like in the UK. Bon voyage.

I am a certified TEFLTeacher, i live in Italy and i'd like to know if i'ts possibile to live long term and round year in Malta teaching English or if it's just a way for short periods of the year, example during the Summer

i've heard that wages are not good and there aren't many hours per week guaranteed out of summer

thanks
-@Silver81
Malta is just a hop away from Italy. Here we have people from many countries working over here. Years ago I attended a language course at EF School. There were teachers from Malta, Croatia, and the UK.
Therefore I see no obstacle for an Italian because many of the students come from Italy.
Of course, the wages are not as high as in the UK, but probably better than in Croatia. I recommend getting in contact with the many language schools we have over here. You will find them on page 835 on our yellow pages here in Malta. If you come by car I recommend Virtu ferries. After arrival do not forget to drive on the left like in the UK. Bon voyage.
-@hanselmar

thank ypu but my question was different :)

thanks
-@Silver81

To work in a normal school as opposed to a language one, you may have to be able to speak Maltese.

@Silver81  all language schools  EC, EF, Infolingua ....open all year though summertime is the busiest cause most students are teenagers

@Silver81 all language schools EC, EF, Infolingua ....open all year though summertime is the busiest cause most students are teenagers
-@superluigis

yes i know they are open but i was meaning if it's possible to have there a full time job even in winter cause i suppose it's impossible to live in Malta with a part time salary, thanks

@GozoMo there is a plenty of opportunity for English Teachers here in Malta

-@andrew daniel

I didn't say there isn't , I just said that in schools you may need to speak Maltese.

-@andrew daniel

You also have to get the right visa to work unless you are an EU Citizen.