Real Estate agencies

Hello!

First time user but excited. I'm looking for an agency that can help me find and make offers on property I see and I am interested in. I've used The Idealista App and keep reaching out to the selling agent but they don't respond back. I am looking for a small apartment as a summer vacation base from where to move around. My focus is in Rome, Florence or Orvieto. What am I doing wrong? I appreciate your input.

Hi Newjaw,

Welcome on board !

I hope members can provide some referrals. We have a directory but I didn't find any recommandations in the regions you mentioned, sorry.

Try to create your own "looking for" advert in the Housing in Italy section of the website, you might as well get receive some offers.

All the best,

Bhavna

Thank you! Will do.

Persevere.  Its also possible that the agent uses that particular property as bait to get clients in, only then to offer them something else.   Instead of writing via idealista, write directly to the agent, preferably in Italian - even Google translate will be ok - and you are more likely to have some luck.   

@Bhavna

Hi! Thanks. I will try. Not very savvy with blogs…. Lol but doesn't hurt. Regards

@Modicasa

Thanks! I'll try that. May be good way to practice Italian as well. Regards.

I am going through the same thing as newjaw.    I know Italy a little now having traveled 4 or 5 times a year for about 10 years and I love it.  I am looking for a one bedroom in city center, Verona.  With a lot of luck, around piazza Erbe or Piazza Bra or surrounding those areas.  I too have tried Idealista but no luck.  Great idea to query in Italian even if it is using a translate service.  And I will also try Housing in Italy.  I am a Canadian retired but very active citizen and planning to fly to Verona December 6th to see what I can find.   A condo/apartment that needs work is also ok.   

I am new to this site as well and appreciate expats everywhere!    An adventuresome group, eh?

Thank you,

@canadared

Hi, Good luck on your trip. I finally got a couple of agents to reply. I'll post results on my conversations. Can you share your experience once you return from Verona?

Safe Travels Canadared!!!