Rent a flat or a house in Izmir

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Izmir. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Izmir.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Izmir?

How to find a home in Izmir: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Great question! Considering, I will be looking for rental property soon, I would love to hear some answers!!

Thanks,
Jennifer

how s your experience in izmir, do you like it there.
ayse from canada

I am hopefully going to be moving to Turkey in the near futurewith my 17 year old son , I will probably be staying in Marmaris and I am wondering if it will be easy to get tourism work there or some kind of work ?  any help u can give would be gratefully appreciated .

Caroline

@ Christine,

In Turkey mostly you can find anything from this -

sahibinden.com

But i would suggest you to study the area first where you want to live. Also you can go to some property agent in that area. generally they charge  commission from 15 days rent to 1 month. Again depends on bargaining & how good you are at bargaining.

If you looks from websites & source is direct landlord than of course you don't end up paying commission. But always ask them to show you the property registry papers which in Turkish called (Tapu)Must go & check the place. Make sure you pay by bank to landlords bank account. No matter what.

Again depends what accommodation you are looking for 1+1, 2+1,3+1 where as
1+ option can cost from 500 to 800 Lira's
2+ option can cost from 700 to 1,000 Lira's
3+ option can cost from 800 to 1,200 Lira's

Again it depends in what area, if it's sea facing i am sure the rent will start from 2,000 Lira's. But this the the general pattern or you can say an approx idea to get.

1 Usd = 1.80 Lira
1 Euro = 2.45 Lira, Again approx

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Sethi

Thank you very much this was really helpful :)

Caroline

Thank you very much for your help Sethi! :)

Hi, I am an Indian and planning to relocate to Izmir for a year or 2. Can any one suggest what can be a good place to live in Izmir. Well connected and near to the center of the city. I am looking for a 2+ fully furnished with A/C and car parking. I will be very thankful for any suggestions. Also please share some English web sites, from where i can know about Izmir and life there so on.

Thank you all in advance.

Prabhakar.

Hello Prabhakar and welcome to Expat.com!

Could you please post an advert in the section Housing in Izmir? It may help.;)

Harmonie.

Thank you Harmonie, I will do that soon.

Prabhakar.